• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

David Price

3 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

Cy Young tossed 749 complete games and was known to have a blazing fastball. His nickname Cy is short for "cyclone" to describe his pitches. He never suffered a significant arm injury in 22 major league seasons.

David Price has 16 complete games.

Were people built differently back then?

Really?  Have you seen those old timey film reels?

They were barely playing the same sport.

24 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

Really?  Have you seen those old timey film reels?

They were barely playing the same sport.

Of course, players back in the day were bound to a team for life and had to supplement their income with off season jobs.  I remember Jay Johnstone saying 50 years ago that he worked in the Angels ticket office.

Today's players are wealthy and train in the offseason.  Sometimes I wonder if they work out too much and make themselves vulnerable to injury.

I think one of the interesting things to watch if Price gets TJ is if he opts into his contract after 2018 and the Sox are on the hook for 4 seasons of 30mil+ on a pitcher coming back from TJ. Would this cause teams to stop offering these massive contracts with early year opt outs banking on said player opting out. I assume this wouldn't really affect things, but maybe this locks out smaller market clubs from reeling in big FAs, not that small market clubs were truly big players in FA anyway.