• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official World Baseball Classic Thread

m0nkey

14 minutes ago, Homebrewer said:

I think a lot of people just search for reasons NOT to like this event, rather than just enjoying it for what it is, as it is.

The major league season is a long ass tough grind, and if a player doesn't want to add another month or so to that, well, it should be, and is, their decision. These are great f'n teams..I mean great f'n teams. Great f'n teams playin great f'n baseball.

I don't get the bitching and moaning.  What's not to like here?

What's not to like HERE? 

Well let's start with the fact that the Angels don't have one player on the USA roster. But to be fair, we really didn't have much to offer this very talented team besides Trout.

It's been a terrific WBC regardless and will get even better next time.  

4 minutes ago, CALZONE said:

What's not to like HERE? 

Well let's start with the fact that the Angels don't have one player on the USA roster. But to be fair, we really didn't have much to offer this very talented team besides Trout.

It's been a terrific WBC regardless and will get even better next time.  

Yeah, hard to find Pat Neshek's and Mychal Givens' type players

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

Well Kole at this stage is as good as Cutch. 

Yer kidding, right? Cutch finally has a bad season, due to an injury, and he's chopped liver?

He's averaged over a 7.0 WAR for the six previous full seasons before that. Kole has one season over a 4 WAR. His last two have been in the low 3s.

I'll take Cutch any day.

5 hours ago, Lou said:

Then there's Noah Syndergaard  :

The New York Times asked Syndergaard if he had any regrets not suiting up for the U.S. He did not. The reason?

“Because I’m a Met,” Syndergaard said. “Ain’t nobody make it to the Hall of Fame and win the World Series playing in the WBC.”

Ichiro says hi.   If he ever retires that is.

1 hour ago, Homebrewer said:

I think a lot of people just search for reasons NOT to like this event, rather than just enjoying it for what it is, as it is.

The major league season is a long ass tough grind, and if a player doesn't want to add another month or so to that, well, it should be, and is, their decision. These are great f'n teams..I mean great f'n teams. Great f'n teams playin great f'n baseball.

I don't get the bitching and moaning.  What's not to like here?

Thing is.  For most of these players.  It really does not add anything.  Either you are playing in the WBC.  Or you are in Spring Training.  As games played, you probably play less games in the WBC (8) over what 3 weeks, than in Spring Training which is almost daily.  So I don't think that's a legit argument. 

3 minutes ago, bloodbrother said:

Does Adam Jones not realize that there are champions shirts/hats made for both teams prior to these title games? Saying that didn't sit well with him(while he was wearing pre-made USA champions shirt) was hilarious

I think he is mostly referencing that they had scheduled a parade supposedly.

10 minutes ago, bloodbrother said:

Mentioned shirts then said they booked a private flight home before finally mentioning talk of a parade. First 2 were bizarre reasons for motivation

Hey...whatever it takes to get motivated. Any guy that's been married or in a long term relationship, knows that you have to imagine things sometimes in order to perform. 

7 hours ago, WeatherWonk said:

I guarantee there are many on this site that dissed the WBC the whole way.............and are watching the game and wont admit. Closet bandwagoners

you are completely wrong, just as you were when you sensed Trout has a clause in his contract preventing him from playing in the WBC