• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Marlins (Loria) to sell for $1.6B

Docwaukee

I wonder what the actual value of the Angels would be considering they don't own their stadium.  Granted they have a great deal, but as it relates to selling the team they don't have ownership of the stadium they play at, so that has to bring the value down a bit.  I am not saying they would be less than the Marlins, just significantly less than if they owned their own stadium.  

19 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I wonder what the actual value of the Angels would be considering they don't own their stadium.  Granted they have a great deal, but as it relates to selling the team they don't have ownership of the stadium they play at, so that has to bring the value down a bit.  I am not saying they would be less than the Marlins, just significantly less than if they owned their own stadium.  

Yup. The tax payers just gave JL like $600 million. At least all the other problems in Miami were solved first.

In any future discussion regarding public funding of stadiums, opponents should simply hold up that dude's photo. Criminal the way he has stolen hundreds of millions of taxpayer dollars over the last few decades, and he's going to turn a billion dollar profit on it too boot. What a dickwad.

I wasn't aware that the PotUS could own a sports team?.... Maybe, Ivanka and Kushner?..... Or, another family member. Making America Great Again! 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jared_Kushner

Jared Corey Kushner (born January 10, 1981) is an American real estate investor and developer, publisher, and senior advisor to his father-in-law, President Donald Trump. Together with Chief of Staff Reince Priebus and Chief Strategist Steve Bannon, he forms Trump's leadership team. Kushner is said to be President Trump's most trusted advisor, showing "unwavering loyalty" to his father-in-law.[3]

He was principal owner of the real estate holding and development company Kushner Companies and of Observer Media, publisher of the weekly, on-line New York Observer. On January 9, 2017, Kushner was named to be a Senior White House Adviser to his father-in-law, President Donald Trump. As a result, Kushner resigned as CEO of his family's real estate company and as publisher of the Observer.[4] He also divested "substantial assets".[5]

Los Angeles Dodgers bid

In February 2012, Kushner put in a bid to acquire the MLB team the Los Angeles Dodgers.[48] He withdrew his bid in March 2012.

35 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Including the stadium.  It's not that bad.  Another thing to consider, is that the Marlins have a relatively low payroll, and outside of Stanton, not that much in future obligation.  The other big thing, is the Marlins TV deal ends in 2020. 

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/how-marlins-owner-jeffrey-loria-continues-to-outfox-us-all/

Basically 17 years ago he invested $12 million. Not a bad two decades for that guy.

anyone can agree to a deal.

the dude still has to come up with the money to pay for it.

remember the islanders? some guy made up this huge backstory, got the owner to agree to a deal to sell him the team for hundreds of millions. and started using that as justification to banks why they should lend him the money (clearly i have enough capital, if im buying a pro team).

he got so close, but at the last minute they caught on that it was all a fake.

but had he got the loans, no different than what these guys do. why put your own money up? controlled, surgical debt is an amazing thing.

f*ck loria. 

10 hours ago, Dochalo said:

btw, this is great for baseball to get that loser out of the sport.  

Last year, forbes had their valuation at about 700mil.  So it's going for more than 2x the forbes eval.  

Per forbes, the halos are at 1.34 B so conceivably they could be worth almost 3B.  

Loria has nearly killed the franchise twice. They have won the World Series twice, and after both wins, they had fire sales and dumped all of their impact players. Loria visited Las Vegas before the new stadium was built in Miami to talk to the mayor about possibly moving here. As much as I would like to see MLB here, I'm glad that it wasn't Loria's team that moved in.

2 minutes ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

Loria has nearly killed the franchise twice. They have won the World Series twice, and after both wins, they had fire sales and dumped all of their impact players. Loria visited Las Vegas before the new stadium was built in Miami to talk to the mayor about possibly moving here. As much as I would like to see MLB here, I'm glad that it wasn't Loria's team that moved in.

Didn't Wayne Heisinga own the franchise during the first world series ?