• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels Sign OF Ben Revere

totdprods

Finally, legit speed and a very good defensive OF all around. 

Another plus to Revere signing? Additional depth at the top of the line-up. Gives us more flexibility to move or dump Escobar without hurting the lead-off slot. Of course, that depends on how Maybin, Marte, and Revere are playing, but Revere brings top of the order potential. 

Another plus? Revere is yet another potential deadline trading chip. 
Maybin, Escobar, Street, Bailey, Chavez, Nolasco, Revere, Pennington, Espinosa are all in their walk year. 

Gotta think the Angels are quietly hoping one of Revere or Maybin emerge as potential LF option for '18 and beyond too. Surely we look at resigning/extending some of the guys mentioned above. 

I really like this signing. He's exactly what we've been looking for. If pooholes can stay healthy and play 1b, we have a legit every day leadoff hitter who can fly. He can rotate with Maybin at DH, but in all likelihood he will just rotate based on the starter which is a bummer for both Maybin and Revere.

Revere

Escobar

Trout

Pooholes

Maybin

Calhoun

Simmons

Maldonado/Perez

Espinoza

Speed and defense...I really like it.

Day by day I am feeling increasingly good about our chances to effectively compete this year, this is just another incremental improvement towards that. I think the Angels will still find one more veteran starter or, alternatively, a veteran bullpen piece (and perhaps both if they eat into reserve payroll).

1 minute ago, ukyah said:

i really like this signing. he was my guy last year over the big names, because i wanted to see money go elsewhere. he had a bad year for sure, but hopefully he can really bounce back because he is exactly the LF type the angels need.

Eppler had a reputation with the Yanks for identifying bounce-back vets, and we have a team full of guys who are looking to do so, or are hoping to impress in their walk year. These are the sort of guys where if lightning strikes, this team could be really good.

Heyman is reporting that there is an additional $2.25M in additional incentives based on plate appearances which makes perfect sense. If the Angels are in contention, Revere has a chance to make playoffs, if they don't then the Angels can either trade Revere and/or trade another OF and allow Ben to pick up those additional money incentives playing out the rest of the year earning more money as our LF.

1 minute ago, totdprods said:

Eppler had a reputation with the Yanks for identifying bounce-back vets, and we have a team full of guys who are looking to do so, or are hoping to impress in their walk year. These are the sort of guys where if lightning strikes, this team could be really good.

i'm perfectly satisfied with our lineup for now, but this team needs pitching in a bad way before any real thoughts of contention are realistic.

3 minutes ago, ukyah said:

i really like this signing. he was my guy last year over the big names, because i wanted to see money go elsewhere. he had a bad year for sure, but hopefully he can really bounce back because he is exactly the LF type the angels need.

I remember you making a case for him over the bigger names..   Really nice add as a buy low guy.  Can run, can play all three OF spots -- left handed bat.  Good job Eppler and company.

9 minutes ago, ukyah said:

i'm perfectly satisfied with our lineup for now, but this team needs pitching in a bad way before any real thoughts of contention are realistic.

I think our pitching is in a much, much better spot than it was last year, and I cannot imagine Eppler won't add at least one, if not two, more arms before all is said and done. I wouldn't put us among the top staffs in the bigs, but I think it's within reason we can be competitive with what we have right now. 

It'd be a pretty brutal case of bad luck for us to have to rely on a group of pitchers as bad as last year's for 90 GS again.