• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The unofficial "Trump's cabinet" thread

Glen

Long story time.

We had a possum deposited in our house by our Retriever, the fourth one she's nabbed. All the others played possum but this one wasn't and hissing pissed off we wanted it to leave. We had to move some furniture which included my wife's keepsake cedar chest that was falling apart.

So after unloading the possum in the yard we unloaded the chest so I could fix the legs and base. She sorted through piles of stuff that was long forgotten and came across the Fullerton College newspaper that I forgot I had drawn editorial cartoons for.

I was a Republican even back then. I was going to scan them and post them but thought, naw, I'll just let the past be the past. 

The creepy wierd part is Carol saved three copies of every paper that my stuff showed up in back in 1980. We have three sons all born many years after. Living with her is always a series of wierd coincidences.

I have a wife that sees ghosts and will walk down an aisle of a suppermarket and products fall off the shelf, has a long record of laying hands upon electrical appliances on holidays and killing them, intuitively calls people knowing something is wrong, even if they haven't spoken for months and we can be a thousand miles from home and she runs into someone she knows from years ago. 

If she had a past life it was probably old lady Winchester.

• 2 weeks later...

Lou Dobbs...apparently Secretary of the Business Teevee Thingy

https://amp.thedailybeast.com/donald-trump-cherishes-lou-dobbs-so-much-he-puts-him-on-speakerphone-for-oval-office-meetings?__twitter_impression=true

During the first year of the Trump era, the president has patched in Dobbs via speakerphone to multiple meetings in the Oval Office so that he could offer his two cents, according to three sources familiar with these conversations. Trump will ask Dobbs for his opinion before and after his senior aides or Cabinet members have spoken. Occasionally, he will cut off an official so the Fox Business host can jump in.

Dobbs, these sources all independently recounted, has been patched in to senior-level meetings on issues such as trade and tax policy—meetings that featured officials such as senior policy adviser Stephen Miller, former top economic adviser Gary Cohn, former chief strategist Steve Bannon, trade adviser Peter Navarro, and Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin.

3 hours ago, RallyMo said:

Man, this Pruitt stuff is great. What a great guy. Trump picks the best people.

I think the most impressive part is Trump is/was still floating his name as the new AG to replace the Keebler elf....Pruitt has certainly gone to great lengths to prove he's corrupt enough to be the consigliere Trump thinks the AG should be. 

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/04/10/documents-contradict-epa-claims-threats-984459

EPA removed a career staffer Tuesday who approved an internal report that undermined Administrator Scott Pruitt's claims that he needed around-the-clock bodyguards and other expensive security protection, according to two former agency employees familiar with the situation.

Mario Caraballo was the deputy associate administrator of EPA's Office of Homeland Security, which in February concluded that an earlier assessment failed to identify credible direct threats against the administrator that would justify his heavy security spending.

• 2 weeks later...

http://fortune.com/2018/04/21/lobbyist-scott-pruitt-leaves-firm/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

The lobbyist whose wife rented a bedroom in a Capitol Hill condo to Environmental Protection Agency Administrator Scott Pruitt has left his job as chairman of Williams & Jensen.

J. Steven Hart’s departure was announced the same day the law and lobbying firm filed a form disclosing that he had at least one lobbying contact with the EPA this year after saying earlier he hadn’t had business before the agency.

http://thehill.com/policy/energy-environment/384279-nyt-pruitt-gave-top-epa-positions-to-oklahoma-business-partners?__twitter_impression=true

EPA Administrator Scott Pruitt once purchased a house from a top lobbyist in Oklahoma with the help of a shell company, The New York Times reported Saturday.

But that price was $100,000 less than the lobbyist, Marsha Lindsey, had paid for it just a year before. The shortfall, according to the Times, which examined the records, was picked up by Lindsey's company, telecom giant SBC Oklahoma.

The company, now a subsidiary of AT&T, lobbied on a number of matters including a deregulatory bill that would allow it to raise rates and an effort to reopen a decade-old bribery case. According to the Times, Pruitt sided with the company on both matters.

On 3/23/2018 at 8:03 AM, Blarg said:

I have a wife that sees ghosts...

My wife claims that our house is haunted. We are the only ones who have ever lived here, bought the home as new construction. Every odd noise or the TV failing to shut off the first time she hits the off button on the remote, or the cat randomly looking up the stairs, are proof of ghostly intervention