• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

A liberal looks at the election

8 hours ago, mtangelsfan said:

Yeah, I'm sure there are some.  While I agree with Adam about the amount of Federal land, I think a push to drill in National Parks would be a nice weapon to use against Republicans.  It would be met with widespread disdain.

One of my concerns is that Republicans will take the result of the election as a mandate to do whatever they want, and they won't be listening to contrary voices too much.

9 hours ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

One of my concerns is that Republicans will take the result of the election as a mandate to do whatever they want, and they won't be listening to contrary voices too much.

You mean like Obama's first term, right?

Well if they follow the Obama model, the Repubs will end up like Obama, with a party and legacy in shreds. Let's hope they don't repeat Obama's mistakes.

http://nypost.com/2016/11/10/obamas-main-legacy-the-collapse-of-the-democratic-party/

9 hours ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

In all fairness the republicans have a mandate. They secured the White House, the Senate and the House of Representatives this election. 

1 hour ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

They only secured the White House because of the electoral College. They lost the popular vote nationally, and had a net loss of seats in the Seante. Hardly a mandate.

from what i understand there are still some votes being counted and the final tally may actually favor trump.

8 minutes ago, red321 said:

#thanksgeoff

Wait you're right.  The Geoff jinx struck again. His power to make the impossible happen has happened again. In the most perplexedly unlikely way yet.  By writing off Trump all summer he made it happen. He had to know the risk he was taking.  Playing so loose and casual with all our lives. #thanksgeoff

22 hours ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

It's not like the republicans overwhelmingly outnumber the Dems. There are also plenty of them that don't care for him. It won't be as easy as getting out the "approved" stamp as many fear.

On 11/11/2016 at 7:23 PM, Angels N Skins said:

I was thinking he same thing reading this thread. Facebook should be named Butthurtbook for a while so I'm glad there is a lot of civility in the spin forum.

Facebook is more of a cesspool now than it was leading up to the election. I had started to allow some of my previously unfollowed friends back onto my wall feed, but it may have been premature.

I have one Facebook friend who simply will not shut up with the pro-Trump stuff. The latest is that people who are apprehensive about his presidency are "thin skinned" and "need to stop being so sensitive". I really didn't believe that I would be blocking people from my wall feed after the election, but she just earned a spot in purgatory.

10 minutes ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

I have one Facebook friend who simply will not shut up with the pro-Trump stuff. The latest is that people who are apprehensive about his presidency are "thin skinned" and "need to stop being so sensitive". I really didn't believe that I would be blocking people from my wall feed after the election, but she just earned a spot in purgatory.

Most of my facebook action is anti-Trump