• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Drones

2 hours ago, halonatic13 said:

I was so ready to jump on the mavic because of it's size.  Then DJI decided to release it's Phantom 4 Pro!!!  The sensor is huge compared to the mavic, plus the dynamic range.  You can't compare the 2 anymore.  It really comes down to, do you want a small drone to travel with and put in your pocket OR do you want something that's quality is above and beyond anything else that is out there.  Unless you want to spend 6k on the new inspire. =)  I'm happy with my Inspire 1

Ive heard that, that the phantoms camera is better....but im just wary of lugging the thing on flights. i travel a ton, and dont want to get stuck with that as my whole carry on every flight

11 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Ive heard that, that the phantoms camera is better....but im just wary of lugging the thing on flights. i travel a ton, and dont want to get stuck with that as my whole carry on every flight

That is why the Mavic is perfect.  You're getting a camera like the Phantom 4, not the 3 nor the 4  Pro.  Right smack in the middle.  The phantom fits in a small pelican case that fits in overhead of the planes.  That's how I travel with it.  BUT, do look at how to protect your batteries when you fly.\

5 hours ago, halonatic13 said:

That is why the Mavic is perfect.  You're getting a camera like the Phantom 4, not the 3 nor the 4  Pro.  Right smack in the middle.  The phantom fits in a small pelican case that fits in overhead of the planes.  That's how I travel with it.  BUT, do look at how to protect your batteries when you fly.\

How big is that pelican case? i assume that would be my carry on? 

8 hours ago, red321 said:

Some good stuff there...though might be a little over processed for my taste. Halonatic, is that what is coming out of the camera or are you making adjustments in post?

Red, slight post work.  HDR makes it pop more.  Shot in RAW.  The blue sky shots and the sunset with the tree on the side, those are pretty close to what the naked eye saw.  It was a beautiful day yesterday.  Now today it's snowing.  Go figure, last time it snowed in Redding was 3 years to the day!

50 minutes ago, halonatic13 said:

Red, slight post work.  HDR makes it pop more.  Shot in RAW.  The blue sky shots and the sunset with the tree on the side, those are pretty close to what the naked eye saw.  It was a beautiful day yesterday.  Now today it's snowing.  Go figure, last time it snowed in Redding was 3 years to the day!

So.....we can expect some drone pictures of Redding in the snow in the next few days.  :P

12 hours ago, halonatic13 said:

Be careful with the HDR...it's a tool not a weapon. The best HDR in my view is when you can't really tell if it's been used. I've especially found it problematic with sunset photos, tends to make them almost too warm when there is a lot of green in the image, you may want to look at adjusting the color temperature slightly.

Good stuff though...I just drove through Redding on Monday!

On 12/7/2016 at 8:50 PM, halonatic13 said:

Your drone shoots RAW?

On 12/8/2016 at 9:29 AM, red321 said:

Be careful with the HDR...it's a tool not a weapon. The best HDR in my view is when you can't really tell if it's been used. I've especially found it problematic with sunset photos, tends to make them almost too warm when there is a lot of green in the image, you may want to look at adjusting the color temperature slightly.

Good stuff though...I just drove through Redding on Monday!

I dug the color work in the videos, though I do tend to prefer a little more style over realism.

On Tuesday, December 06, 2016 at 6:32 AM, Lawrence said:

I fly this thing around my office when I'm bored and I've finished the internet. Lots of fun for under $20. 

https://www.amazon.com/Cheerson-CX-10-Mini-Quadcopter-Drone/dp/B00KXZC762/ref=sr_1_3?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1481034560&sr=1-3&keywords=Mini+drone

5185Wm9EDdL.jpg

Thanks! i just bought 2 of those while reading through this thread. One is an Xmas gift, which will effectiveely be my tutorial.

2 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I dug the color work in the videos, though I do tend to prefer a little more style over realism.

For me it's how I feel.  LOL  I try to stay away from hipster fades and such.  Majority of the aerials in the video are for clients so there's a specific look they are wanting.

21 minutes ago, halonatic13 said:

Yes, I always shoot RAW for any camera.  It's not the best, but it does the job.  The new Phantom 4 Pro will have a much cleaner image that's for sure.

I always shoot raw as well, I suppose I just have a negative perception of drone cameras and assumed there was no raw. The shots were clean though!

What were the videos shot in? I will really be surprised if you saw raw!

16 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I always shoot raw as well, I suppose I just have a negative perception of drone cameras and assumed there was no raw. The shots were clean though!

What were the videos shot in? I will really be surprised if you saw raw!

Videos I always shoot 4k.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, RuledByNone said:

Great video.

I did a flight early this morning. About 1000 ft of elevation gain. Followed a ridge line up and a different ridge line (with a seldom used bike trail) most of the way back.

If you are talking about the single track on the ridge, where is this? I want to ride that.

There's a gap in the fence at 33.7851541,-117.5069012. There's an orange cement pillar that blocks motorcycles but hikers can get through. You might have to lift your bike over. The trail hooks up with Bedford Motor Way at 33.7756751,-117.5374302. I don't know what condition it is.

I'll make a flight up to where it connects.

There used to be a fun single track called coldwater canyon (or similar) that let out at glen ivey from the Main Divide. The owners stopped letting mtnbikers go through there about 10 or 15 years ago. It's now under new ownership so that's a possibility too.

• 2 weeks later...

wow, that was impressive stuff, wicked. loved the music he used, too.

has anyone flown a drone over mount everest, or is that out range for what they can do? i'd guess a $200 drone from radio shack should get the job done.