• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Drones

22 hours ago, Lawrence said:

I want one of these.

http://www.dji.com/phantom-4

Check out the Mavic Pro.  Basically same quality of a Phantom but it folds down to the size of a water bottle.  There are some downsides like not quite as stable in the wind, but overall it is amazing and same optics as the Phantom.

http://store.dji.com/product/mavic-pro

1 minute ago, red321 said:

I've thought about it for photography...not sure if that would be douchy or not. did pick up the brother in a law a cheap millenium falcon drone. He's having fun buzzing my nieces with it.

There is a guy at the high power rocket launches we go to that has a phantom 4, takes some pretty awesome aerial video of the rocket launches.

I can't see using it around home...live in a flight path so not many options. I'm just thinking in terms of landscape, let's say I go out to the Alabama Hills and get some great views....but now I'm the douche flying a drone interrupting everyone's view. It's like the asshole who see's a line of photographers at Zabriskie Point, and walks 20 yards ahead of everyone and sets up camp.

1 hour ago, red321 said:

I can't see using it around home...live in a flight path so not many options. I'm just thinking in terms of landscape, let's say I go out to the Alabama Hills and get some great views....but now I'm the douche flying a drone interrupting everyone's view. It's like the asshole who see's a line of photographers at Zabriskie Point, and walks 20 yards ahead of everyone and sets up camp.

They are so expensive and still limited use for the most part.  Any time I see them used it is for stuff like football practices or little league games, etc.  I have no use for one, it would just be a toy and way too expensive for that.  It is cool that aerial video can be taken without a helicopter now.

On 11/9/2016 at 1:41 PM, ten ocho recon scout said:

Funny enough, im looking at the basic "3" one before that. Still more than what i want to spend, but sounds idiot (me) proof, and takes good pics.

Some good deals on the phantom 3 standard lately. Samsclub has it for $379 on Nov 12.

It doesn't have quite as good of a camera as the newer models (or P3 advance or pro) and doesn't have obstacle avoidance but it's still a great drone. A couple of years ago an inferior drone would be well over $1k. All the models mentioned have similar flight time, about 21 to 28 minutes and are easy to fly.

I'll be in for a Mavic or P4 when I get back to my place in oregon, mainly for the increased range. There are a lot of deer, elk and turkey on the property (about 860 acres). Wolves too, though I've never seen them. I've been looking to see if I can attach my FLIR camera for night flying or if I have to fabricate a solution on the CNC. The Mavic also allows for VR goggles. Fun hobby.

On 11/10/2016 at 8:30 AM, red321 said:

I've thought about it for photography...not sure if that would be douchy or not. did pick up the brother in a law a cheap millenium falcon drone. He's having fun buzzing my nieces with it.

Thats why im grabbing one

Thought it was the nerdiest hobby ever. Then i met a guy when i was travelling earlier this year and ge showed me a few videos he made while he was travelling...i was sold. Pretty cool way to record a good vacation

Expensive as hell though

@nate, the mavic is the one i want, specific because of size. The price is dogshit though

22 minutes ago, RuledByNone said:

Some good deals on the phantom 3 standard lately. Samsclub has it for $379 on Nov 12.

It doesn't have quite as good of a camera as the newer models (or P3 advance or pro) and doesn't have obstacle avoidance but it's still a great drone. A couple of years ago an inferior drone would be well over $1k. All the models mentioned have similar flight time, about 21 to 28 minutes and are easy to fly.

I'll be in for a Mavic or P4 when I get back to my place in oregon, mainly for the increased range. There are a lot of deer, elk and turkey on the property (about 860 acres). Wolves too, though I've never seen them. I've been looking to see if I can attach my FLIR camera for night flying or if I have to fabricate a solution on the CNC. The Mavic also allows for VR goggles. Fun hobby.

Thats awesome!

Im really hoping i can find a good black friday deal

3 hours ago, RuledByNone said:

So this drone costs the same as a new Honda Civic but have you seen this video?

3 hours ago, nate said:

So this drone costs the same as a new Honda Civic but have you seen this video?

That just gave me a total flashback!

Maybe 8 years ago or so, we got a "UFO" call at work (the only one ive ever gotten...i think that craze died 20 years ago).

So my partner and i went, pissed off because its such a waste of time to go to dumb calls.....and saw a UFO

Not real, it im sure was something like this. But this was way, way before drones were out ther. (Maybe overseas had them before the mainstream or something). But anyway, my partner and i went from "who the hell calls the cops for dumb shit like this " to both kind of giggling, ".....is that real?" Kind of thing. Wouldnt suprise me if the guy flying it was the one who called.

20 hours ago, red321 said:

Alabama Hills is a cool area to explore... but I wouldn't worry about flying your drone out there. It's not as if it's some sanctuary or something, just a bunch of rocks. Not even that many people out there, and lots of wide open space.

2 hours ago, Jay said:

Alabama Hills is a cool area to explore... but I wouldn't worry about flying your drone out there. It's not as if it's some sanctuary or something, just a bunch of rocks. Not even that many people out there, and lots of wide open space.

It's more being that douchey guy screwing up everyone else's view. It's like photographing Death Valley and the sand dunes and some clown walks right through the dune you are photographing and leaving giant fucking boot prints rather than taking a two minute detour.

I appreciate your concern but when I was out there a couple of months ago (we were on Movie Road or whatever) there just weren't that many people out there. This was on a Saturday at lunchtime during Labor Day weekend. It seems to me that this would be an ideal spot to fly your drone. I wouldn't hesitate. I don't have a drone but checking out that phantom 4 I admit my interest is piqued.

Edit: after looking at this http://knowbeforeyoufly.org/air-space-map/ it's doubtful there is anywhere in the Alabama Hills area that you can fly a drone, unless I'm misinterpreting the map.