• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Terrible Pitching, Richards...

The pitch call wasn't the problem Shane. He just missed the location. 

Both were the problem there.

Why throw Cespedes an 0-2 fastball at all?

But yes, Richards throwing it right in his wheelhouse certainly didn't help

It is the scouting, the manager-pitching coach communication, or all the above.

I live in No Cal and watch a lot of A's games. I was sitting here thinking about posting somewhere that they will try to pitch him in, and it will go out of the park. I was wrong by a foot.

If I know this, WHY doesn't the brain trust of the Angels?

No mound visit, no nothing.

You have an inexperienced battery out there that needs advice, and none is given.

Butcher needs to go, and SOON.

Both were the problem there.

Why throw Cespedes an 0-2 fastball at all?

But yes, Richards throwing it right in his wheelhouse certainly didn't help

Nothing wromg with a well placed fb there. The problem is it wasn't well placed it was fat. 

Fans see his stuff and they get excited. He throws a great game every once and awhile and we get excited. He strings a few quality starts together and we get excited.

We look at his performance in the long run and the results just aren't there. He has the ability to be very good but he just hasn't shown any results to indicate that he will be..

Nothing wromg with a well placed fb there. The problem is it wasn't well placed it was fat. 

it was 0-2.  it shouldn't have been near the plate.  if he thought he was gonna sneak a fastball by him on the outside corner and he punches it into RF for a hit, then I'm still pissed.  You don't give up a hit on an 0-2 count. 

Richards hasn't been able to place his fastball well all night though. 

That's an awfully big leap of faith to assume he's finally going to properly locate one in that situation.

Fans see his stuff and they get excited. He throws a great game every once and awhile and we get excited. He strings a few quality starts together and we get excited.

We look at his performance in the long run and the results just aren't there. He has the ability to be very good but he just hasn't shown any results to indicate that he will be..

Dude seems to just either have his command or he doesn't, and when he doesn't you get what you see tonight

there shouldn't have been an opportunity for Richards to miss location with a fastball on an 0-2 count when he was having trouble locating his fastball. 

I have to agree. Richards has shown little command of his fastball tonight. Poor location on a fastball is not a defense for the pitch selection in this situation.

Richards hasn't been able to place his fastball well all night though. 

That's an awfully big leap of faith to assume he's finally going to properly locate one in that situation.

It was a risk for sure. He has thrown some good fast balls but has been inconsistent.