• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Anaheim and Angels agree on development, good news!

Caralho

On 10/20/2016 at 0:04 AM, Lou said:

where in the title does it state that it does? 

haha. seriously.

hey i saw this title and immediately came to my own irrational assumptions, now i read the article and realize my assumptions were wrong! this is total click bait!

attica! attica!

maxresdefault.jpg

Angels have a very limited time table to do anything -- I think they need to re-up next year and then vacate by 2019.

no way a new Stadium gets built anywhere in California within two years.

as for the Halos just up and leaving (and I really don't see any scenario where that happens -- look at the Oakland A's with what is probably the worst stadium situation in MLB, with a City that won't work with them and is actually hostile towards them and with some of the worst attendance numbers in MLB -- they've been trying to move for years and the obstacles are too great........Bud Selig never acted to help them and denied them the ability to move several times, his successor has done little as the seemingly bad situation in Oakland some how gets even worse...........)  A's should be allowed to move to San Jose -- MLB won't let them -- OK -- Sacramento -- but the SF Giants moved their PCL team there (just to block an A's move, IMO) and how about Las Vegas?? MLB won't let them (let's see if the NFL green lights to Raiders to Vegas -- I think they will).

so the A's in that situation are stuck for years -- and the Angels -- really no where to go -- no one is building a stadium and truth be known, if they did try to bluff a move to stall/ impact the surrounding development -- the Chinese investors would pivot and the City would rather have a Disneyland related function at the site -- perhaps an additional Disney themed hotel with extra Disney parking surrounding it and a ground transportation hub for shuttles to Disneyland --- Chinese investors would adjust and Trout Farm would become some sort of Disney kids fishing attraction........yeah, they'll take a Dean Chance on all that..........

32 minutes ago, disarcina said:

Angels have a very limited time table to do anything -- I think they need to re-up next year and then vacate by 2019.

no way a new Stadium gets built anywhere in California within two years.

as for the Halos just up and leaving (and I really don't see any scenario where that happens -- look at the Oakland A's with what is probably the worst stadium situation in MLB, with a City that won't work with them and is actually hostile towards them and with some of the worst attendance numbers in MLB -- they've been trying to move for years and the obstacles are too great........Bud Selig never acted to help them and denied them the ability to move several times, his successor has done little as the seemingly bad situation in Oakland some how gets even worse...........)  A's should be allowed to move to San Jose -- MLB won't let them -- OK -- Sacramento -- but the SF Giants moved their PCL team there (just to block an A's move, IMO) and how about Las Vegas?? MLB won't let them (let's see if the NFL green lights to Raiders to Vegas -- I think they will).

so the A's in that situation are stuck for years -- and the Angels -- really no where to go -- no one is building a stadium and truth be known, if they did try to bluff a move to stall/ impact the surrounding development -- the Chinese investors would pivot and the City would rather have a Disneyland related function at the site -- perhaps an additional Disney themed hotel with extra Disney parking surrounding it and a ground transportation hub for shuttles to Disneyland --- Chinese investors would adjust and Trout Farm would become some sort of Disney kids fishing attraction........yeah, they'll take a Dean Chance on all that..........

It's in the works.

redtri-troutdale2-losangeles.jpg

The COA has been trying to develop the Golden Triangle area for years with limited to no success - there are some 'newer' projects there -- the 'new' Catch Restaurant (which IMO pales in comparison to the old classic Catch but times move on) and the condo projects right there next to the Catch and the other ones at the NE corner of State College Blvd and Katella but the parking lot area and that area across Gene Autry Way (which for years had streets and a parking area stubbed out but little else) remain undeveloped. Although there's that other high end looking condo projects on State College near Orangewood -- the one closer to Gene Autry Way and the other one that stands on the site where the swap meet was held on weekends........not sure what the vacancy / rental vs. ownership rate is on these places.

In time it will happen -- the entire area will be developed and there might even be enough folks living near there to support dining places more than what's the limited offerings available there now -- essentially The Catch, Denny's and fast food places. Oh yeah - and the dirty McDonald's on the corner..... not been there much, few times I have been over the year, the place looks like it needs a daily health inspection.

The problem is numerous investor types have gone broke waiting to develop the Golden Triangle area all these years.

Let's see if this newest iteration of a proposal works