• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trout's 30-30 watch

Angelsjunky

Trout's been stuck on 27 HR for awhile with no HR in his last 13 games. But after a bit of a dry spell from Sept 11-15 in which he had 1 hit in 15 at bats, he's warming up, with 5 hits in his last three games and 12 AB, and we can hope that he hits a few more bombs to end the year.

He's also at 26 SB, and has a good chance of going 30-30 for the second time and first since his rookie year in 2012.

Interestingly enough, Trout's numbers this year are very similar to 2013, which many consider his best year. Compare:

2013: .323/.432/.557, 27 HR, 33 SB, 110 BB in 716 PA

2016: .318/.436/.554, 27 HR, 26 SB, 102 BB in 624 PA

Baseball Reference and Fangraphs really disagree on his performance, at least as far as defense goes.

2013: 9.3 rWAR, 10.5 fWAR

2016: 9.8 rWAR, 8.5 fWAR

Either way, he's going to be above 10 rWAR and should make 9 fWAR...not bad.

And no, this thread isn't jinxing him because his performance is not at all impacted by what I write on a message board he probably doesn't know exists.

Just to escalate the jinx, which obviously doesn't actually exist, Trout is in the midst of one of the best age 24 seasons ever. He's at 9.9 bWAR, which is the seventh best all time. He'll likely overtake Tris Speaker (10.1), while Alex Rodriguez (10.4), Jimmie Foxx (10.5) and Ty Cobb (10.7) are within striking distance. At worst it's the second best age 24 season in 60 years and third best since integration.

22 hours ago, VariousCrap said:

He is already in the conversation.  If he does those three things, it would be highway robbery not to give it to him.

Your view here, which I think is common to the MVP voters, is exactly why he might not win. Would it matter if he hit 29 HR, 99 RBI, and 29 SB? It shouldn't, but to the voters it would.

5 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

Your view here, which I think is common to the MVP voters, is exactly why he might not win. Would it matter if he hit 29 HR, 99 RBI, and 29 SB? It shouldn't, but to the voters it would.

Exactly. It's silly as hell. Like has been mentioned about Cabreras triple crown, if Hamilton had hit one more, would it somehow take away from Cabreras year?

I think he's gonna do it. It seems like he's been stealing more recently sort of with the intent just to up his stats some. Not saying he's a 'my stats first' guy, just think with the season effectively over the past few months he's channeling a little extra motivation towards this. 

14 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

28 HR, 95 RBI. He now has a good shot.

With the amount of games left, I think Trout will hit the 30hr/100rbi mark for sure.  Not sure if he will hit the 30 SB mark, but that is because I don't think he'll be going out of his way to hit that mark.  I'd like to see a .320+avg too.

What is exciting to me is that his best overall year was 2013, and I remember a year or so ago having the conversation as to whether we prefer the 2012-13 Trout or the 2014-15 Trout, and the consensus was the former. It looks like we got our wish, for the most part.

Now wouldn't it be great if he put together the best of both? .320ish, 100+ BB, 40 HR?