• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Star Wars news

Tank

13 hours ago, Spencer said:

*spoiler complaint below* 

The throw-in cameos of Ponda Baba and his ugly human friend seemed forced considering they would have needed to escape Jedda before the battle, and then go straight to Tatooine to be at the cantina when Luke and Obi Wan arrive.

I actually liked that scene.  If you weren't a big Star Wars fan, I don't think you would have noticed it.  And makes a direct link to Ep 4.  Well, other than the obvious one. 

Major spoiler.  But would like to see what everyone thought who did see it.

Spoiler

Did anyone else think that this had a Magnificent 7/Seven Samurai type feel to it.  Especially the ending.  I'm looking at IMDB, and the characters.  Jyn, Cassian, K-2SO, Chirrut, Baze, Saw, and Bodi.  At least in main characters, obviously a lot more died.  But I immediately thought back to this years Magnificent 7.  And of course, Lucas was a student of the Kurosawa movies, so it's kind of a subtle tribute.

I just did a search, and I guess I'm not alone in thinking this.

23 minutes ago, cezero said:

I'm going into it hoping for a good action flick with a faithful star wars aesthetic and logical bridge between revenge of the sith and a new hope. 

You will be disappointed.  It's just a bridge to a new hope, with revenge of the sith sinking in the lake.

Ok, suck might be too harsh.  I had a lukewarm reaction to the movie.  It's not a poorly made movie by any means, there were no rants about hating sand, and the action scenes were actually solid.  But it's void of any of the magic that makes Star Wars movies so enjoyable.  It takes itself a little too serious, it goes a little too dark, It's not really made for kids.  But its biggest fault is that these characters aren't all that interesting.  (With the exception being Donnie Yen's character.)

The biggest setback to character development in movie is that it is predetermined that none of the hero characters will survive to see Ep 4.

Furthermore, to utilize old characters such as Tarkin and 1977 hot Leia, the events of Rogue One had to occur as close to the opening sequence of Ep 4 as possible.

From a story-telling perspective, this movie would have done better to have chronicled a struggle somewhere undetermined between Eps 3 and 4 where you could potentially have an open ending to the lives of some heros, and you wouldn't need to kill everyone off.

Ahsoka Tano was a popular takeaway from The Clone Wars in part because her fate is undetermined.

1 hour ago, Spencer said:

The biggest setback to character development in movie is that it is predetermined that none of the hero characters will survive to see Ep 4.

Furthermore, to utilize old characters such as Tarkin and 1977 hot Leia, the events of Rogue One had to occur as close to the opening sequence of Ep 4 as possible.

From a story-telling perspective, this movie would have done better to have chronicled a struggle somewhere undetermined between Eps 3 and 4 where you could potentially have an open ending to the lives of some heros, and you wouldn't need to kill everyone off.

Ahsoka Tano was a popular takeaway from The Clone Wars in part because her fate is undetermined.

way to ruin EVERYTHING, spencer!!! i hate you! die. die now!!!

saw it this morning in 3D, and it was fantastic. appreciated how well they linked ep. 3 and 4 together. enjoyed the new characters that were introduced, as well. good action all the way around, and you guys were right about the last 5 minutes and what a kick to the solar plexus that was.

liked how they brought darth vader into the picture. did anyone else notice how his home base was located over a river of lava? 

i liked the asian guy who was buddies with the blind guy. "the force is with me, and i am with the force."

On 12/19/2016 at 6:02 PM, Chimi said:

I think the most followed story prior to Rogue One was from the video game Dark Forces where you play as Kyle Katarn and you have to steal the Death Star plans.

He later went on to become a big character in the expanded universe stuff.

Dark Forces....now that's a game i've not heard about in a long time. That takes me back.

On 12/20/2016 at 7:20 PM, Spencer said:

If you watch Rebels, Ahsoka's fate has already been determined. ;)

5 hours ago, Tank said:

liked how they brought darth vader into the picture. did anyone else notice how his home base was located over a river of lava? 

That location is pretty significant to Anakin/Vader and...

Spoiler

its a planet we've all seen before in previous films... Mustafar.

1 hour ago, calscuf said:

Man that sucks. 

Is she supposed to be in Ep. 8?

She is in it, filming was completed earlier this year. I'm more worried about if she be able to do 9 at this point. Really hope Carrie recovers from this, she seems like a really great person.