• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Return of Point/Counterpoint: Tebow or A-Rod?

Spirit

The Return of Point/Counterpoint:  TEBOW OR A-ROD?

6a00d83451b26169e201127913be2328a4-500wi  a-rod-kisses-himself-details-magazine.jp

By Glen McKee & Nate Trop, AngelsWin.com Senior Writers

It’s been a while since the Angels have done anything interesting enough to warrant a Point/Counterpoint discussion.  They still haven’t done anything interesting, but much like a closer who hasn’t been used in a week we’re getting our work in to keep from getting rusty.  Much like said closer, we’ll probably flail about ineffectively and ultimately crash and burn, but here we are again.  So…other than gassing up his yacht and keeping Mike Scioscia employed, we know there’s nothing Arte’ Moreno loves more than making a splashy signing, and with Tebow and A-Rod suddenly available you just know one of them will end up on the Angels (if not both).  The question is, if you had to pick one of them which one would it be?

Glen – Give Me Some Tebow!  There shouldn’t be any argument needed beyond the pictures above.  Just look at them.  Give Tebow a shave and a dozen years and he could play a president in a movie.  And a president is what this team needs, to overrule Scioscia because of some reasons I’ve forgotten because the team sucks so bad due to injuries and having Ji-Man Choi as a starter.  Anyhoo…Tebow.  Remember this?

That video does two things: it reminds us of Tim Tebow’s impeccable legacy of winning (except for when he didn’t) and it refreshes in our memory just how horrible Skip Bayless is.  Seriously, that guy is awful.  If I was stuck in a room with Skip Bayless and Christopher Russo and I had a gun with two bullets, I’d shoot myself twice just to be safe.  Then I’d look for some gasoline and a match and make flambe’ Glen just in case there was any scrap of life left in me. 

But yeah, Tebow.  God is on his side, except for when he had to make a decent throw.  He used to play baseball back when Mike Trout was in middle school or something, so he has a Jordan-like chance of being successful.  He’s also good for some free publicity, and this team needs all of that it can get, as long as it’s not publicity about somebody else going on the DL.  Honestly, he can’t be much worse than whomever we have playing LF right now.  Plus, who (besides me) wouldn’t want a Tebow Angels jersey?  It’d look great next to your Lincecum and Finley jerseys.  Hell, maybe he could even be a starter for us since we don’t want to use Nate Smith yet.  Kinda sad that our primo starter in the minors that we don’t want to start the clock on is sporting a 4.74 ERA.  Bring him up, he’ll fit right in!

But I digress.  Tebow.  He’s a better choice than A-Rod.  Need any more convincing? 

Tim-Erin.jpg

Awwwwww, yeah!  Tebow by a mile. 

A-(probably very little)-Rod is the Answer – By Nate

I know what you all are thinking.  These guys are idiots!  Especially Nate, nobody wants A-Fraud, a washed up formerly roided superstar that likes to make out with his reflection in the mirror.  Hear me out though, when this season concludes Jered Weaver will be a FA, CJ Wilson will be a FA (all praise be to our Lord and Tebow) and this team will be down to just one overpaid washed up superstar that in reality has not looked so bad in 2016.  We all know what that means… Arte has the burning desire to add another old and overpaid broken player for marketing the Angels to the ever dwindling audience of fans that can still stand to watch this team and what better way to do that than sign Alex Rodriguez!

If we pretend not to notice that he was on steroids his entire career, that he is 42 years old, that he was awful this season, that he is a giant douchenozzle, that everyone hates him, and that he is probably a terrible mentor for our younger players, then he seems like the perfect fit.  He used to be able to hit, and was criminally overpaid, it is like Arte’s wet dream!  And if Arte signs him we all win because of something you all haven’t thought about.  When Arte inevitably goes searching for his superstar this offseason, wouldn’t you like him to take on one year of A-Roid than to sign Edwin Encarnacion for 12 years $400 million?

There is something else that we all overlooked, including me because I just found it while trying to find a picture of A-Rod with a trashy broad… his girlfriend is a billionaire entrepreneur.  She could finally be the one to save this franchise from Arte and… well never mind, if she is dating Mr. May then we already know she makes bad decisions… holy crap A-Rod is her rebound choice after eight years of marriage to Google co-founder Sergey Brin, come on lady, you are better than that!

Anyway, here is the image I was looking for…

6a00d8341c730253ef0105371bb1fb970b-640wi

Or not.  Google Alex Rodriguez Hot Chick and all you get are pictures of Christiano Ronaldo.  But seriously, F*** Tebow!   Am I right?