• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Are the Angels going to make a trade?

kevinb

Are the Angels going to make a trade?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Are the Angels going to make a trade?

• Yes
    • No

First year since figgins we have a 3b who can hit and fans want to trade him? Why not keep him for 7 mil unless we were completely blown away with an offer?  This team is showing they can win and Weaver, Wilson, and Smith money could bring in some nice players this off season. 

28 minutes ago, Erstad Grit said:

They are also one of the best teams post all star break. To me that suggests keeping Escobar for next is a good idea. 

Shitty teams have good two-week stretches all the time. Some do it for even longer. How is one small stretch a better evaluating tool than the season so far?

25 minutes ago, Oz27 said:

Shitty teams have good two-week stretches all the time. Some do it for even longer. How is one small stretch a better evaluating tool than the season so far?

Shoe and Cam have turned a corner. Skaggs is back. Bandy looks promising. I don't see why this team plus 40 mil to spend isn't a playoff contending team. Literally no one could have been prepared to lose Richards, heaney, Wilson, trop, and Skaggs for the time period we lost them. 

2 hours ago, Ace_Shoemaker said:

Escobar's trade value will never be higher, so trade him now for top prospects and let Cowart take over 3B. Escobar's defense costs almost as much as his bat in creates. Cowart plays a gold glove type defense. He has started to bring his bat around and he is fast.

That's possible. That's also the rhetoric in why we let Glaus walk for the less expensive Mcpherson....or was it Wood? Whomever. My point is if you have a 3b who can hit .320's for 7 mil you keep him unless you're blown away. 

1 hour ago, Erstad Grit said:

That's possible. That's also the rhetoric in why we let Glaus walk for the less expensive Mcpherson....or was it Wood? Whomever. My point is if you have a 3b who can hit .320's for 7 mil you keep him unless you're blown away. 

if he could field his position maybe, but he can't.

19 hours ago, Erstad Grit said:

Maybe because he's not really a 3rd baseman and is one of the bigger knuckleheads since Pedro Guerrero!

I keep wondering why they don't try him in left

and the only reason I can come up with is that it's to "complicated"!

We just trotted Petit out there, we've tried Ji Man & Marte, Why not Escobar?

We REALLY need to see what Cowart can do!

Seems like only Smith will go, which is probably going to look bad a year from now. Unfortunately, Escobar probably stays put because many contenders are set at 3B. Unless the Mets want to add a bad defender to an already bad defensive infield, it seems likely that Escobar stays put. 

33 minutes ago, itsKnoppUitsme said:

Maybe because he's not really a 3rd baseman and is one of the bigger knuckleheads since Pedro Guerrero!

I keep wondering why they don't try him in left

and the only reason I can come up with is that it's to "complicated"!

We just trotted Petit out there, we've tried Ji Man & Marte, Why not Escobar?

We REALLY need to see what Cowart can do!

If you really want to see what Cowart can do, then move Escobar to second for the balance of the year.  If both do well then you have fixed second and third base.