• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Fox darling sues Ailes

2 hours ago, calscuf said:

We like to make fun of white folks from Riverside or the High Desert as being WT, but honesty, much of this country could go to Hesperia and say "wow, y'all so sofistikayted!"

I grew up in Riverside, and I've lived in the Midwest for about ten years. I've mainly lived in college towns and larger cities out here, but I've spent plenty of time in really small towns over the years, and while they all tend to have unique personalities to them, most of the rural Midwest gets a bad rap really.

Most of the small towns (like 1,000-ish people) tend to have an upper crust of maybe 50-60 people that run whatever businesses keep the town alive. In my experience most of those people tend to fall in the moderate Republican to moderate Democrat range politically (basically some are ok with expanded social welfare programs to a very limited extent or want to cut spending on such programs quite a bit). Most don't particularly care about social issues one way or the other. Almost all tend to be pretty pro-2nd amendment.

Under them you tend to have 100-200 people that are skilled labor making a pretty good living working for the aforementioned businesses. They tend to be all over the spectrum politically, but balance out about in the middle.

Under that there's another 100-200 laborers. Not gonna lie, they tend to be more conservative than most. Especially the older ones. The younger ones are usually on their way to joining one of the first two groups. This is also where you tend to find the WT element that defines the region. Lots of alcoholism and substance abuse, custody battles, occasional unemployment issues, etc... (though the alcoholism part is pretty strikingly present, yet well-controlled, among the first two groups).

After that you've got a pretty large elderly population that tends to be very conservative on everything, and definitely clings to a lot of old school racism, and kids.

I guess what I'm saying is, the WT and super conservatism of the rural Midwest tends to be a function of poor, undereducated labor and old, retired (often scared) people. The actual people running things business-wise in most rural areas tend to be pretty well-to-do and moderate politically. But those other voting blocks are pretty big.

On August 17, 2016 at 8:47 PM, Lou said:

ever been to Tennessee ? 

that place is straight up banjo. 

On August 17, 2016 at 9:40 PM, Tank said:

wait until you hit kentucky. oh my.

I've been to Bristol which is a city in two states, Tennessee and Virgina. About 10 miles down the road is Kentucky. It's like the perfect storm of WT. 

I went to the NASCAR race there and it was like stepping into another world.