• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels GM Billy Eppler says a rebuild is 'not in the DNA here'

20 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

We're going to do nothing at the trading deadline.

We're going to lose 99 games and consider it a moral victory that we didn't lose 100.

We're going to suck for two more ghastly years, after which Scioscia will have had enough and move on.

We're going to lose Trout after the 2020 season to a team from back East.

We're going to be somewhat competitive by 2022, purely by default, but still finish ten games out of a playoff spot.

We will possibly make the playoffs sometime before 2035, at which time I'll be an old man. If I live that long.

That's what I see going forward for this team, according to the non-rebuilding paradigm of Mr. Eppler. 

Arte will probally pass on from natural causes before that & new owners take over.

10 hours ago, Lou said:

you have to remember, some people waited 30 or 40 years to get to 2002, never dreaming it would actually occur. so 14 years is nothing to some folks here. 

To be clear I wasn't saying I became a fan then and have been waiting since then, I was just saying I've been hearing people reference 2002 for 14 years as a reason to justify the current year's issues.  Since this somehow became an I've been a fan since thread, I've been a fan since '90...really don't want to be mistaken as a fan who jumped on board after the WS

12 hours ago, 19HALO71 said:

14 years? Please!

Try being a fan since 1971 and waiting 31 years.

Go Halos!!!

Again, not what I was referring to but I respect your fandom.  I meant I've heard people for 14 years since the WS team justify the current team's issues by referencing the 2002 team. Not that I've been a fan only 14 years. 

8 hours ago, Quinlanforthewin said:

To be clear I wasn't saying I became a fan then and have been waiting since then, I was just saying I've been hearing people reference 2002 for 14 years as a reason to justify the current year's issues.  Since this somehow became an I've been a fan since thread, I've been a fan since '90...really don't want to be mistaken as a fan who jumped on board after the WS

oh, I didn't get that impression at all. I know you've been a fan since long before 2002. For me, it's not a justification.  It's just going so long believing we'd never get to the WS, much less win one, was more than I ever expected.  None of my friends growing up were Angels fans. You have no idea how many times I got:          " Why are you an Angels fan ??! " 

When we won it in 2002, I heard from guys I hadn't talked to in over 10 years. Anything from this point on is icing on the cake. 

9 hours ago, Lou said:

oh, I didn't get that impression at all. I know you've been a fan since long before 2002. For me, it's not a justification.  It's just going so long believing we'd never get to the WS, much less win one, was more than I ever expected.  None of my friends growing up were Angels fans. You have no idea how many times I got:          " Why are you an Angels fan ??! " 

When we won it in 2002, I heard from guys I hadn't talked to in over 10 years. Anything from this point on is icing on the cake. 

For me, the answer was always, "They're my hometown team. I grew up just down the road." 

I grew up near Lincoln & the 57 and went to Valencia HS in Placentia, so it was as natural to me as breathing the smog-filled air.

I wonder how many Cubs fans have been asked that question?

27 minutes ago, Mark68 said:

For me, the answer was always, "They're my hometown team. I grew up just down the road." 

I grew up near Lincoln & the 57 and went to Valencia HS in Placentia, so it was as natural to me as breathing the smog-filled air.

I wonder how many Cubs fans have been asked that question?

The two teams that I follow most closely have won the World Series in my lifetime. Even if it never happens again, it happened once, which is more than fans of a lot of other clubs can say.

5 hours ago, eligrba said:

The Angel's DNA needs some well placed mutations.

or just Clone Mike Trout & make like 30 of them but have them grow up in Europe so there isn't as much scouting from other teams on them. Then sign all 30 of them as FA's out of Italy, Germany, Greece, France, Finland, Sweden, Netherlands etc with them having last names such as Troutinni, Troutzer, Van Troutz, Troutoulos, Troutholm, Trouteux, Troutanen.