• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Bryce Harper's prolonged slump

On 6/19/2016 at 1:20 AM, Lou said:

I have good friends that would agree with you. Off the topic of sports (since we've beaten this Lackey into the ground), do you then think all narcotics should be legalized?  

Not Kevinb (which always makes me think of the Baker boys when I say that name in my head), but no. I'm good with people making their own choices, their own decisions of they want to take something that hurts their own body, as long as they don't effect anyone else. But daily I'm stuck dealing with the effects of people who are hooked on that crystalinexpensive white powder...

Thats the difference (to me) about steroids. I've never come across it as a cop. I've never stopped some no neck running from a car or house he just broke into. 80 percent of the guys (and at least half of the chicks) at my gym are on the gear. None break into my car or any ofurther that junk. 

If I'm a legacy player, I'd be absolutely pissed about steroids. As a current fan, I could care less.

On 6/20/2016 at 9:02 PM, Inside Pitch said:

An area scout I know that watched Kris Bryant, Harper, and Joey Gallo, as all three were doing their thing in LV pretty much echoes what you're saying.   

I know someone that was around him a lot as a kid. Helped coach him, stays in touch, etc. I think it's a classic case that he was better thandle everyone around him (baseball wise), and knew since he was a kid he was gonna be rich, rich. Don't think he grew up with money, but was likely given gifts along the way and promises of it when he got old enough. And it happened.

• 1 month later...
23 minutes ago, HALOS23 said:

And some thought he was better than Trout based off one great season. Consistency is key

To be fair to those folks (Dave Cameron comes to mind), 2015 looked like the huge breakthrough that everyone was expecting, and 2016 is an unexpectedly huge drop-off. A repeat of 2015 might not have been reasonable, but I would have thought something like .290+/.950 with 40ish HR should be within his grasp.

Even though I'm not really in the Harper Butthurt crowd, I have a hard time rooting for this guy and kind of enjoy a touch of schadenfreude at his woes.

41 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

To be fair to those folks (Dave Cameron comes to mind), 2015 looked like the huge breakthrough that everyone was expecting, and 2016 is an unexpectedly huge drop-off. A repeat of 2015 might not have been reasonable, but I would have thought something like .290+/.950 with 40ish HR should be within his grasp.

Even though I'm not really in the Harper Butthurt crowd, I have a hard time rooting for this guy and kind of enjoy a touch of schadenfreude at his woes.

Plus 2 for schadenfreude