• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Dodgers designated Alex Guerrero for assignment.

Chuck

Guerrero's 20-day minor league rehab assignment came to an end on Sunday and the Dodgers don't currently have a spot for the 29-year-old on their major league roster, so they decided to go ahead and cut him loose. Guerrero, signed to a $28 million deal out of Cuba in 2014, was 9-for-66 (.136) in 16 games this season between High-A Rancho Cucamonga, Double-A Tulsa, and Triple-A Oklahoma City. He'll probably be officially released within the next 10 days, after he clears waivers.

10 hours ago, ScottyA_MWAH said:

Because of his offensive upside,  I wouldn't mind taking a flyer on him after he clears waivers. He might just need a change of scenery. 

Depends on the cost....You don't want to eat a good chunk of his remaining contract but, considering our options are limited, if he could be had on the relative cheap, it might be worth considering....the sort of outside the box move that Eppler really needs to consider, given his limited ability to improve the club....Chacin and Lincecum fit that pattern....But I would think more than a few clubs would give him a shot if the Dodgers release him....

I think more than anything, the Angels are using pieces like this to remain competitive. But the cool part is if they end up performing well and we aren't competing, they can net prospects that can reinvigorate a barren system. Chacin, Lincecum, Street, Smith, Santiago. Perhaps this guy too.

Well, obviously you wouldn't pick him up off Waivers~ Let the Doggs eat that salary!

Sign him to a prorated contract rest of the year prove it!.... 1M.(what's the minimum?)... And that's about it. The guy used to be able to play multiple positions if I remember correctly. But, I don't remember if he was really any good at anything except the OF?

**Edit** He can play 3B and the OF..... I guess I was thinking of the other horrid guy Hernandez.....Well, he's 29 he had some issues with the Doggs~ Sure, why not! 

He can handle the bat pretty well. He never really got a change with the Dodgers. They've had about 20 OFs on the team for the past few years. Heck, they have HK playing like four different positions (including LF) just to get him some playing time. And no one can figure out why he is batting .229? Guy has played 2B his entire career and now you have him shuffling all over the field. Anybody would find it hard to be consistent. Even Trout batted like (relative) crap when he was playing LF instead of CF. Dodgers are idiots.