• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Ex-McDonald’s CEO says raising the minimum wage will help robots take jobs

“I guarantee you if a $15 minimum wage goes across the country you’re going to see a job loss like you can’t believe,” said Edward Rensi. “It’s cheaper to buy a $35,000 robotic arm than it is to hire an employee who’s inefficient making $15 an hour bagging French fries.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/innovations/wp/2016/05/25/ex-mcdonalds-ceo-says-raising-the-minimum-wage-will-help-robots-take-jobs/

Agree with Arch. Althugh, I wouldn't trust Ed Rensi's business opinion on much. He was pretty bad as a CEO at McDonald's and Famous Dave's. You know how easy it was to be CEO of McDonald's?

1. Serve Breakfast all day

2. Profit!

And it took them 30 years to implement that. The guy who failed to implement that plan should have been making minimum wage and replaced by a robot.

3 hours ago, Angels N Skins said:

There should only be robots in fast food kitchens. They lack saliva glands and leaky pimples.

..and they don't wipe their asses and go back to work without washing.

And they might get orders right.

I'm all for robots in all food service jobs!

I went into a restaurant at least 15 years ago (don't recall which one) that had an ordering kiosk. I liked it, because there was no way for my order to be taken wrong, or for any instructions to be misinterpreted if I had a special order - like what happened to me at a McDonald's years ago.

I ordered two small cheeseburgers without onions at the drive-through. What I got was two small cheeseburgers without cheese, which is a hamburger, which costs less. They were neatly wrapped up in cheeseburger wrappers, too. By the time that I had discovered what they had done, it wasn't worth going back for the 20-cent difference.

Vegas, that has happened to me many times. I would order a cheeseburger without the meat, and consistently would be asked "so you just want a hamburger bun?" No, I want a cheese sandwich. And time after time they would often goof up my order.

the last time I went to BK I walked in. Ordered my usual cheeseburger with no meat and answered their very bewildered questions. The finally got it right on the third try, and I haven't been back since.

thank goodness for INO when I need a grilled cheese.

Raise your hand if you think INO is crazy expensive compared to other quick service restaurants?  

Yesterday I was dragging ass before a meeting, completely run down so I went downstairs from my office and bought a smoothie to give me a little energy.  That smoothie cost a few cents less than a Double Double, fries and a medium drink.  

We are far from expensive, which is a huge reason we are so busy.  Then factor in the difference in quality and I believe we are a bargain.  When I was growing up INO was more expensive.  That hasn't been the case in twenty years.  Sure you can find a shitty value meal double cheese burger but let me know how it really compares.