• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Something positive....

jimbo

Ortega and Mahle don't seem to be intimidated playing with the big boys. Bedrock looks to be coming into his own. Morin has his moments but overall has some potential. Perez is already established himself as one of the games best defensive backstops. Johnny G. is improving daily defensively,  dude is brass in the clutch i could go on and on. So, as bad as experts try to make it sound, the farm is not only producing talent, it's producing plug in play talent. Bodies that are helping the club with immediate  results in some cases.

6 hours ago, Dochalo said:

Shoe was great.  Is that the Bandy factor?  Not anointing the guy, but I would sure like to see more of him. He'll sit for four games though.  

He went 0-4, he's the backup catcher, and Perez is showing signs of warming up. What do you expect? 

One of the most common attributes listed under Jett Bandy's prospect profile is his ability to handle a pitching staff. He's a natural leader. Every team that he's been on, even the Angels for a brief time last year, tends to rally to his corner. The pitchers all love him and he's a top notch defensive catcher, on par with Perez. He even has some pop in his bat to boot.

I love having Perez and Soto, but Bandy probably could've been a major leaguer for over a year now. 

9 hours ago, SlappyUtilityMIF said:

I am hopeful (I should probably not say a fricking word as to not jinx it) that Shoe has found his command as he was pounding the bottom half of the zone with everything tonight!  

That's been the thing about Shoe. In 2014 his command was nails. Ever since then he has struggled to hit his spots for some reason. It's very strange. Last night is what Shoe can do when he locates his pitches.

Shoe's been okay if you lump his last three starts together. Not the 9.00 era pitcher he started as. Baby steps. 

If I recall, during his '14 campaign it was when Richards and Skaggs both went down that Shoe really ramped it up, hopefully he's finding that same groove.

On ‎5‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 8:50 AM, totdprods said:

Shoe's been okay if you lump his last three starts together. Not the 9.00 era pitcher he started as. Baby steps. 

If I recall, during his '14 campaign it was when Richards and Skaggs both went down that Shoe really ramped it up, hopefully he's finding that same groove.

Didn't Shoe also struggle a little earlier in 2014 before becoming really good later on?   This game was vintage 2014 Shoe.

Edited by Angel Oracle