• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

This totally sucks

What baffles me entirely is the offense.

Now, I understand, we can't have a 1-9 of .300 hitters up there...but it's getting to the point where, as a fan watching the game, you can't help but imagine that if you were up there batting you'd have more success up there than the likes of Pujols or some of these other guys batting under .200.

Their approach is so flawed and terrible, and it has been for the past couple years, but they've been able to fake it. It's now finally coming to the surface that their approach is very poor at the plate, and when you don't adjust or swing at strikes, and whiff at balls or hit them weakly, well, you're just not going to have much success.

When I see other MLB teams in this league, and how they approach the plate, swing the bat, and play the game, they make this team look like a joke.

1 hour ago, CaliAngel said:

What baffles me entirely is the offense.

Now, I understand, we can't have a 1-9 of .300 hitters up there...but it's getting to the point where, as a fan watching the game, you can't help but imagine that if you were up there batting you'd have more success up there than the likes of Pujols or some of these other guys batting under .200.

Their approach is so flawed and terrible, and it has been for the past couple years, but they've been able to fake it. It's now finally coming to the surface that their approach is very poor at the plate, and when you don't adjust or swing at strikes, and whiff at balls or hit them weakly, well, you're just not going to have much success.

When I see other MLB teams in this league, and how they approach the plate, swing the bat, and play the game, they make this team look like a joke.

The good ol' days...

picture17-1.png

^I'm pretty sure at one point Izturis was batting cleanup for the Halos.

I was actually going to mention that lineup in lieu of my "now I know everyone can't hit .300" comment because I actually think I was at one of the games where everyone was hitting above .300 back in the day, but it didn't really line up with the rest of my post.

Did anybody watch that 5 minute clip of Scioscia after the game? It's really quite sad. He is not instilling confidence in the team through his comments at all, and he keeps talking about "the process" but the fact of the matter is he looks like he is lost and has no clue what to do.

There is no way a manager change would fix this club, but the fire seems to be gone in Scioscia and much like the Pujols/Hamilton/Wilson of the era he is just doing his job and riding out the years until his time is up. Really a very sad way to run a ball club. Unfortunately I have to say much of what we're dealing with right now, is solely on the shoulders of the owner and his foolish past decisions, and I really think his past mistakes have led up to what we're dealing with right now.

The fundamentals of baseball are lost on this team. And I don't know who is to blame for that, but it really is costing this team games and you can tell it is wearing on the players.

Edited by CaliAngel

9 hours ago, ScottT said:

It's weird.  It's been a long time since the Angels had were a bad team.  

Although... if some random person were to read the game day threads... they'd think this was a bad team for the last twelve years.

We were bitching when we had nine .300 hitters in the lineup.

7 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

We were bitching when we had nine .300 hitters in the lineup.

Yep we are good at that.  We had a poster on here that bitched that we didn't sweep the A's convincingly enough when we swept them earlier in the year. 

They're going to lose 100 games and be in contention for the 1st overall pick. Santiago is our best pitcher (LOL) and the offense is just dreadful other than Trout and Calhoun.

This is the year where everything is finally blowing up in Arte's face: Pujols is now one of the worst players in baseball, injuries, etc. Get ready for 10,000 fans in the stands in August/September this year. If we break 3 million again, that would be impressive

1 minute ago, GrittyVeterans said:

They're going to lose 100 games and be in contention for the 1st overall pick. Santiago is our best pitcher (LOL) and the offense is just dreadful other than Trout and Calhoun.

This is the year where everything is finally blowing up in Arte's face: Pujols is now one of the worst players in baseball, injuries, etc. Get ready for 10,000 fans in the stands in August/September this year. If we break 3 million again, that would be impressive

As bad as the Halos are, the Twins and Braves are woeful.

Just now, Angel Oracle said:

As bad as the Halos are, the Twins and Braves are woeful.

Yeah they are, and Trout will likely keep us above both of them in the standings. But I still see us losing close to 100 games. It's not just the offense that's a disaster now. We literally don't have a single starting pitcher that can pitch more than 5 innings consistently

12 hours ago, Dochalo said:

Seriously.  30 games in and we just totally suck.  I don't remember being so meh about baseball for a long time.  

This might be the worst of the last 6-7 years but most of the teams in those years were pretty terrible and meh to watch.

Anyway, regardless of injuries pretty much everyone saw this coming.  The roster is garbage.

12 hours ago, Chuck Richter said:

Yeah...it may be time to change the logo, buy a new domain... make this a funny website to vent and laugh and occasionally get our hopes up.

Dodger Blues was like that during the McCourt era.

Dodger Blues celebrates the futility, disappointment, and humor of the Los Angeles Dodgers. If you look up the word 'celebrate', one of the meanings is 'to honor or praise publicly.' That's all the site is doing: publicly honoring the mediocrity, underachievement's, and absurdities of the Los Angeles Dodgers. It's for the fan who can't wait for the game to start, and once it does, won't stop complaining.

chavez_latrine_tshirt.jpg?

The website is now defunct. I'd say keep with the current format, eventually it all comes back around.