• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Geovanny Soto needs to start at catcher

Sample size.  Perez is a better defender, which says a lot because Soto himself is a good defender.  Perez just happens to be very good.  But right now, this team needs offense and Soto can hit, and is hot right now. 

Just play the hot hand.  It's Soto right now and in a few weeks it might be Perez, or even Bandy. 

Agree that it's time to play the hot hand and give Soto more opportunities the next couple weeks and let Perez catch his breath. 
I wouldn't be against swapping Perez and Bandy out later in the month if Carlos's OPS is still sub-.500. Just for a little reboot for him and a reward for Bandy. 

Sample size. Perez is a better defender, which says a lot because Soto himself is a good defender. Perez just happens to be very good. But right now, this team needs offense and Soto can hit, and is hot right now.

Just play the hot hand. It's Soto right now and in a few weeks it might be Perez, or even Bandy.

If Perez' defense is a better defender I haven't seen it thus far. I'm seeing Soto look fantastic both offensively and defensively since ST.

If Perez' defense is a better defender I haven't seen it thus far. I'm seeing Soto look fantastic both offensively and defensively since ST.

Perez had a nice snap throw to first earlier this season to pick off Zobrist.

But I would start Soto at this point.

Perez has the better arm, quicker release, is MUCH faster out of the crouch, and is more mobile in general.   This isn't a knock on Soto, because he's a good defensive catcher, but Perez, in terms of ability behind the plate is probably around top 5 in the league. 

The difference between the two, at least in terms of scouting is hard to miss.

But as I said before, Neither of them has earned the reputation to where you have to play them regardless of a slump.  To me, you just have to play the hot hand, that's it.  Right now, Soto is a good defensive catcher and is driving the ball.  He should be playing 3 or 4 games out 5. The same for Perez and Bandy.  

FWIW-Living in Texas, I'm forced to listen to the Rangers broadcast when they play the Angels.  Anyways, the Rangers broadcasters yesterday said that they've never seen Soto look so good, that he's trimmed down and is moving around better.   Soto was a Ranger 2013-2014. 

I said it the day we signed him and I'm sticking with it...this was a GREAT signing and the dude is gonna have a bounce-back year with us! I'm sorry, but I've never really been that impressed with Perez, aside from his game-winning walk-off HR in his ML debut...I've been "meh" regarding him.