• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Rich guy complains he's not rich enough

The point is, he doesn't backup what he preaches.

Very classic of libs to want to spend other peoples money to help people but none of their own.

Bullshit. The man is all about walking his talk. Again, he contributes in ways other than money donations - he has dedicated his entire life to fighting for people with less than he has.

Don't place your values on him, if that is the only way you think someone can contribute. It isn't. There are teachers, nurses, counselors, police officers and tons of other folks who don't donate a dime but contribute to society in ways that can't be quantified monetarily.

1)  And I wouldn't call him "rich."

2)  He's doing just fine, but despite his 200k income last year, his net worth is only around ~$400-500k (reports vary from $300k to $800k). So yeah, he's doing well but I'd consider that upper middle class, not like the other candidates:

1)  I think many of the 95% of income earners who make less than him would. 

2)  If dude is making $200k plus a year, gives so little of his income to charity and only has a net worth of $400-$500k, then he sucks with money.  Another reason he shouldn't be POTUS. 

He makes that kind of money, doesn't donate much to charity, he's older and he has only accumulated that kind of net worth? So he can't manage his own finances yet we want him to have an impact on our economy. Even if the amount of influence a president have an economy is over rated this is something that should be a concern. I know people that make his money and are 20 years younger, give to charity, and have triple that net worth.

1) I think many of the 95% of income earners who make less than him would.

2) If dude is making $200k plus a year, gives so little of his income to charity and only has a net worth of $400-$500k, then he sucks with money. Another reason he shouldn't be POTUS.

Beat me to the punch

So everyone here contributed at least $8000 to charity last year?

My wife is a school teacher, she pretty much spends that on her class but can't write it off. We always pick a student each year and make sure their family has a Christmas including food, toys and even a tree if we know they don't have one. Again, we can't really write it off because it is not a charity, just being charitable. 

I'm sure Bernie tips the guy that washes his windows when he is stuck in DC traffic. 

He makes that kind of money, doesn't donate much to charity, he's older and he has only accumulated that kind of net worth? So he can't manage his own finances yet we want him to have an impact on our economy. Even if the amount of influence a president have an economy is over rated this is something that should be a concern. I know people that make his money and are 20 years younger, give to charity, and have triple that net worth.

You're jumping to conclusions, and basing this off of some stupid ass shit.

You guys are grasping at straws because he hasn't donated as much to charity as you would like. Talk about judging someone you don't even know...

Maybe, just maybe he feels his time could be spent better trying to help people with his job in government.

I could give a shit how much he gives to charity.  Trump is a douchebag that has made it clear he's in it (life) for himself and for making money.  I wouldn't be surprised if he donated zero to charity.  But he doesn't base his campaign on railing against the rich and wanting to help the poor and middle class.  If that's what your campaign is about, and you're in the Top 5% of Earners, it would be good to see you putting your money where your mouth is.  But, Bernie is a rich dude and doesn't put his money where his mouth is.  Fine by me.  He's just another say one thing and do another politician.  Is anyone really surprised by this? 

My wife is a school teacher, she pretty much spends that on her class but can't write it off. We always pick a student each year and make sure their family has a Christmas including food, toys and even a tree if we know they don't have one. Again, we can't really write it off because it is not a charity, just being charitable. 

I'm sure Bernie tips the guy that washes his windows when he is stuck in DC traffic.

Maybe he does the same thing. We don't know what he does with his money. I know I don't hand much of my money to charities because I'm busy supporting a large part of my extended family. And I don't know how much accumulated wealth he needs to be considered successful since he's 74 and has a lifetime pension and healthcare plan already.

You're jumping to conclusions, and basing this off of some stupid ass shit.

You guys are grasping at straws because he hasn't donated as much to charity as you would like. Talk about judging someone you don't even know...

Maybe, just maybe he feels his time could be spent better trying to help people with his job in government.

I really don't give a crap what a bad money manager or philanthropist he is, the real point is AJ was trying to accuse people in other threads that the 5%ers of being greedy with their money and never give back. This is more about AJs views than Bernie himself but since this is the guy he is presenting as the face of equal distribution, it lacks a lot towards his arguments.