• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Eppler Report Card

NrM

I'm sure he wanted to.

and I'm sure the ownership group said no when they saw the cost.

hard to put that on the GM.

Yeah, this is true but Eppler made trades and spent money....in the wrong places, and then lowballed FAs.

Eppler's done a fine job. The players have not. It will be another uphill climb all season.

Agree about Eppler. Angel management looked like they were in sync this spring and the team was a reflection of that.

The team has performed poorly since the season started. If they don't get it together, Eppler will get a chance to demonstrate his worth.

Edited by California Cajun

It's been five freaking games. And three of those were against Arrieta, Lester, and Hamels.

Yeah they haven't looked very good and it sucks always starting the year slowly, but give it a couple weeks. I expect them to be a .500 team by the end of the month.

Change the names of the pitchers and this post could have been from 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011...

Change the names of the pitchers and this post could have been from 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011...

Let's add 2015 in there too.

Angels still finished within 5 games of first in three of those five seasons. Made the playoffs in on of them, and one year they finished 10 back but still finished with 86 wins.

They've sucked so far but it's early.

I really don't know how good of a GM Eppler will turn out to be but judging on his first off season he seems to have been creative with his limited payroll. I don't see him spending much more next season with the payroll flexibility which will probably cause more board uproar.

Eppler gets an A.  He addressed every problem on shoestring budget, he interacts well with Scioscia, and he improved the front office and coaching staffs.  This team will contend until he can complete a rebuild of 2-4 years in length.  The GM position is not a problem, the problem is fans who think all the team's problems brought on by ill fated signings and drafting of the last 6 years can be solved immediately.  There is no way everything gets fixed immediately, it takes time, and Eppler is on the right track.

Eppler gets an A.  He addressed every problem on shoestring budget, he interacts well with Scioscia, and he improved the front office and coaching staffs.  This team will contend until he can complete a rebuild of 2-4 years in length.  The GM position is not a problem, the problem is fans who think all the team's problems brought on by ill fated signings and drafting of the last 6 years can be solved immediately.  There is no way everything gets fixed immediately, it takes time, and Eppler is on the right track.

This

Next 2 years a lot of money is getting freed up.