• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Straight Up Terrible Execution Offensively Thus Far...

I know it's only game 2, but from what I've seen the past 2 days, we're right back in mid-season "going through the motions" form as far as our bats are concerned.

Watching pitches right down the pipe, then swinging at pitches out of the strike zone and hittlng little piddlers that are barely even managing to make it to the infielders.

Not saying they can't turn it around, but this is not looking promising at all. Nobody is looking like they can even make good contact with the ball right now. 

That's all you got?

What do you want me to do, go apeshit after the 2nd game of the season?

I'm just saying what we're seeing is not very encouraging. Did we even improve the team from last year? It seems like we're worse!

Each year I hope to see SOME kind of improvement, and I don't know how they do it, but the past couple years they look exactly as they did the season before, and exactly how they're going to look throughout the rest of this season, right out of the gate. I guess what I'm saying is please fire Scioscia lol.

All I have to say is Angels fans are disappointing. Sick of going to games and knowing Tampa Bay games are likely louder despite half the crowd.  These last 2 games have been especially bad.  Usually they will cheer when prompted by "Get Loud" or "Make Some Noise", but so far nothing.  Yesterday the game was over pretty quick so I can sort of understand, but today there was a chance until that 3rd HR.  Its one thing to not attend a game cause you are pissed at Arte.  If you are going to put the money in his pockets and buy his seats, beer, and food then open your **** mouth and give your Angels some love.  

What did you expect this offense, hell any offense for that matter, to do against Jake and Lester?

It's one thing to lose to those guys, it's another to look absolutely pathetic while doing so. Go watch a good offense face a top shelf pitch - at the very least they come with an approach and make them work.

Why would you expect improvement?  It basically IS the same team as last year offensively with Pujols a year older, Escobar coming off an unsustainable BABIP at age 33 and Simmons who is even worse offensively than Aybar.  Throw in the rest of the turds like Gio, Nava, Gentry, Perez, and Cron and this is what we have to work with.

It's just two games. Let's keep some perspective here people. As for the offense, I like the way the middle of the order lines up with Trout, Pujols, Cron and Calhoun successively, I like Escobar as a leadoff hitter, and I like the contact tendencies across the board. Yeah they sucked against the Cubs and yeah it was highlighted because the Cubs offense is freakin' spectacular.

But it will all be ok.

What did you expect this offense, hell any offense for that matter, to do against Jake and Lester?

Lester is a very good pitcher, but if you're team expects to compete for a playoff spot I would expect the offense to be able to at least get a few solid hits at least off of him.  He's not Arrieta. 

Only two games, but there have been a lot of pitches taken down the middle so far.    Wonder what that is all about. 

I witnessed two great pitchers putting on a clinic, not many down the middle most were painted on the corners and expanded the strike zone.

The few that were down the middle certainly made the Angels hitters look bad.

I disagree with the notion that the Angels are making weak contact. There's been some hard hit balls in both games, in fact, a couple were by Trout. One was right at the 2nd baseman, and another was a nice liner into right. Keep some perspective, we're not going to go out there and score only 170 runs this year.