• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2017 Major League Baseball Thread

NrM

5 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Amen -- that guy's getting quite the rep for being a dirty SOB, and yet he clocks a guy for coming in hard with a slide....  

Uh, I think there's a little more to it than that............like a bat flip, a HBP AND a hard slide.

I dont like either player, but I have been sick of Bautista's attitude for MUCH longer................long before the showboat bat flip. He's the biggest strike complainer in the game, by far.

9 minutes ago, WeatherWonk said:

Uh, I think there's a little more to it than that............like a bat flip, a HBP AND a hard slide.

I dont like either player, but I have been sick of Bautista's attitude for MUCH longer................long before the showboat bat flip. He's the biggest strike complainer in the game, by far.

You see what you want to see, I'll do the same.... lol (I dislike Odor more).   I've seen Odor do the late slide left and right which is pretty damning considering he's been in the league for what -- less than two seasons...  so his getting all bent screams pussy...   Showboat bat flips have been common for years, Brett Boone pretty much made it so every bat flip since seems trivial.  Not sure if you're referencing the Joey Bats HBP or Fielder...  The Fielder HBP came after the mess at 2B...   And Fielder basically won at life by laughing at the pitcher and taking his base.   Pitcher to his credit kept the ball down and put it where he couldnt hurt Prince.

Edited by Inside Pitch

11 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

You see what you want to see, I'll do the same.... lol (I dislike Odor more).   I've seen Odor do the late slide left and right which is pretty damning considering he's been in the league for what -- less than two seasons...  so his getting all bent screams pussy...   Showboat bat flips have been common for years, Brett Boone pretty much made it so every bat flip since seems trivial.  Not sure if you're referencing the Joey Bats HBP or Fielder...  The Fielder HBP came after the mess at 2B...   And Fielder basically won at life by laughing at the pitcher and taking his base.   Pitcher to his credit kept the ball down and put it where he couldnt hurt Prince.

Bautista should have been suspended for this. He is not without his own blemishes.

pMgGodl.gif?1

34 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Bautista should have been suspended for this. He is not without his own blemishes.

pMgGodl.gif?1

I have to disagree ... wasn't that viewed as a legal slide at the time? There seems to be no intent on hurting the player. He stuck out his hand and then let go. 

5 hours ago, Troll Daddy said:

I have to disagree ... wasn't that viewed as a legal slide at the time? There seems to be no intent on hurting the player. He stuck out his hand and then let go. 

I disagree as well. Nothing looks malicious there. So he stuck his hand out to attempt to trip him? He didn't slide into him, didn't put him at any great risk of torn ligaments or broken bones..

12 hours ago, Troll Daddy said:

If I'm not mistaken that happened this year and they called it an automatic double play.  If that's the case then it wasn't a legal play.  

I have less issue with that slide than the one from yesterday. With all the crap that happened after the slide yesterday I never heard if they called it an illegal slide and automatic double play or not. 

14 hours ago, eligrba4ever said:

I just saw a replay of Kendrys Morales' walkoff homer Sunday. The camera folllowed him all the way to the welcoming scrum of teammates at home plate. He jumped on the plate at the end, but he "jumped" ever sooooo gently. Taking no chances. Lesson learned the hard way.

Hopefully no one pounded him on the back as he was coming down on the plate. 

Gonzales fired as manager of Atlanta. 

@ScottMillerBbl

The #Braves have fired manager Fredi Gonzalez, per@DOBrienAJC. Bud Black a strong candidate to manage Atlanta this year or next

Edited by Jobu
Twatter

On ‎5‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 11:01 AM, makepeac said:

Jim Brown would likely take exception.

Jim Brown was the ultimate going out in his prime, leaving the NFL after just 9 seasons and rushing for over 1,500 yards in a 14 game season in that 9th and final season.   Barry Sanders was close, retiring after his 10th season where he rushed for almost 1,500 yards in a 16 game season.

Ted Williams was 41/42 when he retired.   Elway played for some 16 seasons in the NFL.

Is Matt Joyce the poster boy for a player who is shit for us and finds himself when he leaves? He's in the running.

.378/.509/1.264 with FIVE HRS AND 15 RIBBIES IN ONLY 40 SOMETHING ABs!!

OK, it's early. He never did this EARLY for us............

We're like Cape Canaveral or something. Always a launching pad for a big splash somewhere else.

2 hours ago, WeatherWonk said:

Is Matt Joyce the poster boy for a player who is shit for us and finds himself when he leaves? He's in the running.

.378/.509/1.264 with FIVE HRS AND 15 RIBBIES IN ONLY 40 SOMETHING ABs!!

OK, it's early. He never did this EARLY for us............

We're like Cape Canaveral or something. Always a launching pad for a big splash somewhere else.

So true. Bartolo Colon, Scott Kazmir, Fernando Rodney, etc.

11 hours ago, Stradling said:

The only one that really counts on your list is Rodney.  

Yep, as it was several years before Colon and Kazmir found themselves again.   Even Rodney had just one great season, and then sort of flamed out although recovering some this season so far.