• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

So much for all the SP depth...

floplag

I like a combination of richards, heany, tropiano, santiago, skaggs, and spring training stats being worthless (yes, i know, skaggs isn't making opening day, but i'm assuming he won't be out for long, seeing as he has already been out for basically forever).

Weaver will be in the rotation, but if we're being honest, is he really one of the top 5 starters? Top 8?

The Angels, if they were rolling out a rotation based specifically on who the best is, regardless of time pitched or money owed, is likely Richards, Heaney, Tropeano, Wilson and Skaggs with Santiago in the bullpen and Shoe in AAA.

Most likely, if Weav, Wilson and Skaggs begin the season on the DL, we'll see Richards, Heaney, Santiago, Shoemaker and Tropeano, which is fine.

Chances are we'll see Richards, Heaney, Weaver, Wilson and Santiago will be the norm, and that is not ok. Tropeano, Skaggs and Show are all better options.

Our depth is fine.

Our depth isn't really fine, weaver is a shadow of himself , Shoemaker is getting bombed and Skaggs and Wilson wont be ready or the start of the season.

Richards, Heaney, Tropeano.....

Is still a luxury. The depth is fine. You're freaking out over no injuries a week into ST just because Jered Weaver sucks.

Calm down.

They have a serious lack of top end talent. If Richards doesn't go back to being an ace, it's going to be a miserable season. Are there any elite free agent SPs next offseason?? We have 40 million coming off the books with CJ and Weaver being gone. I'd put 20 million of that towards a left fielder and the other 20 towards a starter

Trop made an interesting move.  He came to spring in may form.  I bet it was on purpose so he'd get an early shot at making the rotation.  Now he's gonna be ready to go day 1.  Weaver, Skaggs, and Wilson are gonna be DL bound to start the season.  That means he and Shoe will be filling out the final 2.  

I think it's interesting because he's gonna be tired by August.  But I think it was a good move.  I do wonder if it was something the Halos requested or if he did it on his own.  

I'd give it until at least the 3rd week of March before trying to draw conclusions about anything.

Because spring training. 

More like the 3rd week of June. That is when Scioscia has traditionally buttoned up the lineup. Until then everything is the great experiment.

Expectations should be basically zero for the next couple of seasons. I have no issue with Tropeano getting an extended look over Weaver and Wilson.

yeah we should do that, it's not like we have the best player in baseball or anything. let's make sure we turn a profit.

His fastball was 78mph. Unless he magically gains 8 mph, he is doomed to fail.

Yes there is legitimate reason for concern around Weaver, I wasn't so much thinking of him.

Without him and even with Skaggs/Wilson on the DL there is still Richards, Heaney, Santiago, Shoe and Trop. Thats a reasonably solid rotation ragardless (yes I know some would argue no ace). Not many teams could loose 3 starters and still field that without relying on AAA pitchers or prospects (Trop shouldnt be counted as either as he has just been blocked by lack of oportunity)

So there's still depth despite the thread title. Hell Rasmus could even start if needed.

The glass is half full