• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Peyton retires, Brock signs with...Houston?!

Angelsjunky

Here's an article from December that lists trade candidates and free agents:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000608457/article/qb-index-which-qbs-will-be-available-in-2016

Not any obvious picks, but I could see the Broncos going after RGIII or Manziel, maybe Kaepernick. More likely its probably going to be someone like Bradford or Fitzpatrick.

Which one has more Super Bowl rings?

Is this real life?

Is this really an answer to which QB is better? Was the dude even on the roster to get a ring? 

This is the kind of stuff Yankees fans do with regards to any topic, "Yeah, but our rings..."

But by all means, if that is your criteria for a solid QB or who you'd want to run your offense, have a blast.

Let's not forget the Chiefs fumbled away the win in KC and smashed DEN in Mile High last year.....also had the best division record last year.

I worry about the Raiders more than Denver.

I think most people outside of you and a few other Chiefs fans have already forgotten it since Denver won the Super Bowl.  

I'll take Smith over Simien but long term I wouldn't want Smith as a QB.  I'd put him in the same group I put Fitzpatrick in - they're 2-3 year solutions if the team they're on has a top defense.  Smith isn't going to win a game because of something he does for the team he'll help you win because he doesn't screw up too bad while the defense and running game get the job done.  If you're behind late in the game and he's your QB it's pretty much game over unless your defense comes up with some huge plays and a takeaway or two.

As far as Denver goes supposedly San Fran wants a 2nd pick round for Kap while they're saying Denver would do a 3rd.  I definitely wouldn't do a 2nd round pick for a guy who wants out and has been a bad fit in San Fran for a few years now.  Supposedly he would re-work his contract to make it more cap friendly but his current contract isn't too bad.  Definitely not 37M guaranteed like Brock got which is ridiculous. 

Not any obvious picks, but I could see the Broncos going after RGIII or Manziel, maybe Kaepernick. More likely its probably going to be someone like Bradford or Fitzpatrick.

i can't really see anyone taking a chance on johnny football any time soon. he's nothing but trouble, and wasn't terribly effective when he played.

i can't really see anyone taking a chance on johnny football any time soon. he's nothing but trouble, and wasn't terribly effective when he played.

I hear you, but look at the situation the Broncos are in. They are left with a third-string QB. They can sign a mediocre free agent like Bradford or Fitzpatrick, or they can go for higher-reward, higher-risk types like Manziel, Kaepernick, or RGIII. Coming off a Super Bowl victory, and feeling a bit satisfied with that, I'd be inclined to go for gold.

Edited by Angelsjunky

What about Manziel is high reward exactly?  Watching him when he was in college he looked more like a college QB than the type of guy who would be successful in the NFL.  The Browns grabbed him a few rounds earlier than they needed to as the red flags surrounding him scared a lot of teams off.  To top it off he's a douche who comes from old money and he suffers from dumbassitis.  The guy needs to get his life straightened out first before any team counts on him staying out of jail and being even mildly productive on the field.  He pisses of his old team to the point they want to cut or trade him and has been in the news partying for the last few months.  As much as Kaep is a douche he's at least shown something on the field and isn't as big of a headcase off the field.  Even RGIII would be preferable since he's shown he can play in the NFL and has an axe to grind.   

Edited by Catwhoshatinthehat

To be honest, I don't know much about Manziel. Sounds like another Brady Quinn.

Not even close to Quinn. Take the douchiest douche you can think of and multiply by ten, and that will get you in thru the gate to douche estates where Manziel lives. You'd have to douche it up by another factor of twenty to actually see him.