• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

I know its only Spring training but....

pitchers aren't even trying to win really in ST.  They're trying to figure shit out.  Spring Training literally means nothing  as far as being predictive of regular season results.

If that's true, though, shouldn't our hitters be hitting even better?  Or is it just our pitchers who aren't even trying?  ;)

It is a transition period for the starting pitching.

As many as 8 guys at the MLB level plus Nate Smith in the minors will come into play in 2016.

Richards -- potential ace

Heaney -- enough stuff to be a solid #3 in time

Santiago -- basically a #4 starter

Tropeano -- potential to be a #4 starter

Skaggs -- potential to be a #3-4 starter

Shoe -- better fit in pen down the road

Wilson -- possibly having one more decent/solid year in him as a #3/4 starter

Weave -- hard to say

Shoemaker is giving up to many homeruns, Weaver worked hard in the offseason , but 80-83 mph fastballs just don't cut it. Skaggs and Wilson are not even ready to pitch. If you look at the list we have an ace and  a bunch off number 4 or 5 pitchers ,add that to weak bullpen and we are in trouble.

pitchers aren't even trying to win really in ST.  They're trying to figure shit out.  Spring Training literally means nothing  as far as being predictive of regular season results.

True that. A lot of teams have sucked in the spring and gone on to have great years. Conversely, the teams who tear it up in the spring seldom amount to anything once the regular season starts.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

I'm worried the entire board has this collective herd disease and have zero idea what one outing as a starter or reliever means in the grand scheme.

Sherman Johnson is our best hitter.

Let that sink in, please.

thats what scares us though, blarg

I know what youre saying though (and i agree). But i like being sarcastic.

And chuck. We all love chuck.