• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2016, You're an optimist, pessimist, tell us why?

When this occurs it is a mental metaphor(k) in the road, yellow or otherwise?

Can result in one's head exploding?

In old Russia you get solely ONE choice and like it?  Or back to the gulag with you?

But nothin' beats a summer in Siberia like the Beach Boys little tune?

Crank 'er up.

Lager or IPA?

Tequila or Scotch?

Bourbon on the rocks or by its self?

Edited by SlappyUtilityGuy

IMO far too little was done to address the team's most glaring weaknesses. This team had trouble scoring runs, and no real run producers were added. We desperately needed a left fielder, and we took a complete pass on one of the most loaded free agent classes ever. We traded some of our little remaining young talent for a player who is an elite defender, but who was not at a position of immediate need. He is unlikely to help offensively. Starting pitching isn't the strength that a lot of people believe. Jered Weaver's marked drop in velocity is troublesome, and possibly career ending. Word has already come that C. J. Wilson and Ricky Skaggs will likely start the season on the DL. Hector Santiago is Jekyll and Hyde. He's either great or he's terrible, and we saw far too much of the latter down the stretch last season. We had a chance to bolster the bullpen, but instead we re-upped with Fernando Salas. 

The same players who didn't produce a year ago are a year older and a year slower. There were some additions, but none that significantly improve the club at any position besides shortstop, and that only defensively. We have the premier player in the game, but he can't do it alone. In my mind, this is a .500 team at best.

Wow, you might be scary smart?  Are you on anybody's watch list?  Not to be too paranoid?  And not that anyone can be too paranoid???

Your wife said it's an open bar at your place.

I've already invited the whole crew.  And not to worry, mate.  We'll only stay til maybe dawn or thereabouts.  It's all good.

1. My Wife is no longer with us.

2. I doubt you have a firm relationship with more than 3 guys personally. Which doesn't equate to a Crew = More a Few~

3. Your use of the term Mate requires you to be Australian or within the English/New Zealand background or an ex-Pat which you are not.

4. No one stays anywhere till dawn.

5. No matter how you slice it you are good at nothing. But, I'm sure you have many pursuits.

giphy.gif

Edited by SlappyUtilityGuy

1. My Wife is no longer with us.

2. I doubt you have a firm relationship with more than 3 guys personally. Which doesn't equate to a Crew = More a Few~

3. Your use of the term Mate requires you to be Australian or within the English/New Zealand background or an ex-Pat which you are not.

4. No one stays anywhere till dawn.

5. No matter how you slice it you are good at nothing. But, I'm sure you have many pursuits.

giphy.gif

I'm sorry for your loss.

And I was just joking with you.

You're long term here and I'm the new guy.

Could we just back up a tad and start better?

Again, apologies to you and no offense intended.

Also in most cases I really like your cool videos etc. you post.  They're awesome and hilarious.

---Red_Planet

I'm sorry for your loss.

And I was just joking with you.

You're long term here and I'm the new guy.

Could we just back up a tad and start better?

Again, apologies to you and no offense intended.

Also in most cases I really like your cool videos etc. you post.  They're awesome and hilarious.

---Red_Planet

hug it out

"Oz didn't give nothin' to the Tin Man, that he didn't, didn't already have".

When are you gonna come down

When are you going to land

I should have stayed on the farm

I should have listen to my old man

The old man was a Yankee fan my mom a Dodger. I would have celebrated more championships if I followed one of their paths having been an Angel fan since the late 60's. I never regreted the road I have chosen and bleed red inside and out.

I am excited as always and we have a great shot to make some noise this year. Think our pitching will be competative and if our offense produces anything is possible.

I like the new kids so far, but I was the guy in elementary school who befriended the new kid from Mexico who didn't speak English because he looked sad and I thought if I was nice to him he might have his mom make me home made tamales.

So in a way, Red_Planet is like the Mexican kid in 5th grade since his OP made no F'ing sense in english and I still am hoping for a decent tamale.

I look forward to the regular season and all of the new contributions to the board. I am sure we will all give each other crap and that's cool. On a side note, I miss last year's Iced Tea thread.

i know that we're all kind of used to doc killin' it, but doc is killin' it. it reminds me of that song, run's house, by run dmc or walk this way, i don't know but i guess they liked to exercise a lot. anyway, i guess what i'm trying to say is i was thinking of bitin' on his rhymes, but then i thought.

i know that we're all kind of used to doc killin' it, but doc is killin' it. it reminds me of that song, run's house, by run dmc or walk this way, i don't know but i guess they liked to exercise a lot. anyway, i guess what i'm trying to say is i was thinking of bitin' on his rhymes, but then i thought.

I went out like a light and turned on the gas

A little bit of this and a lotta bit of ass

It was like old times and new school rhymes 

but I closed down the bar and paid all my fines.  

drop. 

I'm willing to bet most pessimists don't refer to themselves as pessimists. They probably refer to themselves as realists.

Hmmm.  Yeah thanks S.

Funny I've ALWAYS considered myself among the realist order.  Of course I've often heard otherwise?  By peanut galleries galore, etc.

btw Peanut Galleries Galore was a famous Bond villain.