• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Hilary or Trump?

Hilary or Trump?   

44 members have voted

1. 1. If you had to vote for either, who would it be?

You can add those making $16,000 a year to the list of terrified people. My taxes would increase substantially which is criminal.

Again, your definition of very wealthy is absurd.

I don't know why you say this, when I proved to you that your taxes would only increase by about $8 a week, and it would include free health care and medical/family leave for everyone.

Yes, a $500 increase on top of hundreds of dollars I already pay is a significant increase in proportion to my income.

You might not see the problem because your welfare income is tax free.

What the hell are you talking about? What welfare income? That's a silly insult because it isn't true.

$500 a year for free healthcare and paid leave sounds like a great deal to me.

At least I would receive free medical care for the hypothermia I develop sleeping in the park when Bernie takes my rent money.

And by free I mean the medical care I would have co-pays on.

Bernie is proposing medicare for all, which involves no co-pays.

You seem to have a lot of false notions about what Bernie's plans are.

You didn't prove anything you post facts and numbers from pro-Bernie websites.  You insult people when you have no basic understanding of economics and argue based on emotion while accusing others of not understanding something you can't explain.  Here's the tax foundations analysis of Sanders' plan back in January:

http://taxfoundation.org/article/details-and-analysis-senator-bernie-sanders-s-tax-plan

By their estimate his plan would raise taxes by decreasing the after tax income of every family, lead to lower GDP growth, decreased capital investment, negatively impact wages and result in almost 6 million lost jobs which makes sense since his plan includes a 6.2% tax on employers to pay for the "free" healthcare.  In conclusion nothing is "free" as has been mentioned because his plan would tax individuals and employers while negatively impacting the economy.  Sounds like screwing over the majority to cater to the minority.

Edited by Catwhoshatinthehat

My hope is that whatever happens, what we're seeing right now is the beginning of the breaking up of the two-party system.

How could this be possible when you, someone on the relative fringe who supports vast wealth redistribution and massive welfare programs is considering voting for Clinton not because of her platform and what she believes in but because she's not Trump or Cruz. Imagine what is going through the minds of the much more moderate bulk of Americans. How can this two-party system end when someone who supports a strictly third-party platform votes Democrat because they need to "vote against Trump"?

How could this be possible when you, someone on the relative fringe who supports vast wealth redistribution and massive welfare programs is considering voting for Clinton not because of her platform and what she believes in but because she's not Trump or Cruz. Imagine what is going through the minds of the much more moderate bulk of Americans. How can this two-party system end when someone who supports a strictly third-party platform votes Democrat because they need to "vote against Trump"?

Let me put it another way. I am a strict pacifist, but in some cases I think engaging in war is necessary (e.g. World War 2, although that's the only instance in the last 150 years that I can think of).

I don't like Hillary Clinton or what she represents--establishment plutocracy, albeit in social liberal drag--but she still seems competent, sane, and at worst will continue the status quo--which isn't all that bad. But Trump and Cruz are just that bad, in my opinion (although Trump isn't quite as bad, imo, as MSNBC and most of my liberal friends seem to think...but it is really hard to say).

I also think that sometimes you have to make compromises and pick an "OK" choice over a "bad" choice.

But again, as I've said, I'm torn. I'm of two minds on this.

LOL. Basically your argument, Cat, boils down to: "Pro-Bernie folks are biased and emotional, those who disagree are unbiased and rational."

There's really no room for discussion with such a perspective.

No unlike you I didn't attack multiple Bernie supporters I called you out for being emotional and not having the slightest clue what you're talking about.  Go for the cop out all you want because it's clear you never should have left the kiddie pool.

No unlike you I didn't attack multiple Bernie supporters I called you out for being emotional and not having the slightest clue what you're talking about.  Go for the cop out all you want because it's clear you never should have left the kiddie pool.

Yeah, I'm clearly the one being emotional.

GOP is going to try their best to throw Trump under the bus and Hillary is going to back in there, prison edition pant suit and all.  All these Trump wankers are going to be stuck with their wankers in their hands when all is said and done.  Good thing is he may push us toward a third party in the future which I have no problem with.