• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Players You Had No Idea Existed

Angelsjunky

While I still love baseball, I don't follow it quite as closely as I did 10-15 years ago. Maybe this has to do with aging, but more likely it has to do with becoming a father (my oldest daughter is 10). Anyhow, every once in awhile I come across a player name I've never heard of before. I'm not talking about obscure middle relievers or bench players, but regulars who are actually pretty good. For example:

Ever heard of Justin Bour? I hadn't. He hit .262/.321/.479 with 23 HR playing 1B for the Marlins.

Or what about Wellington Castillo? He hit 19 HR playing for three different teams, the Mariners, Cubs, and Diamondbacks.

What about you?

You mean you haven't been avidly following Christian Friedrich's rise to glory?

I've been more focused on the elite level reliever we just signed who has been suspended a good part of his career and the Asian guy we picked off the scrap heap who will hit 300 with 20 homers if we just give him a shot.

Edited by zenmaster

I've been more focused on the elite level reliever we just signed who has been suspended a good part of his career and the Asian guy we picked off the scrap heap who will hit 300 with 20 homers if we just give him a shot.

Haha, I hope you are right. Those are two of his best signings, imo. I am hesitantly excited about Choi, although I'd be happy with .280 and 15 HR, with a bunch of walks.