• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Artie-claus 2016: Angel Stadium will try for Guinness record for Selfie Sticks

yk9001

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-sn-angels-to-try-for-world-record-for-selfie-sticks-20160209-story.html

On May 6, the Angels said they would try "to set the Guinness World Record® for the largest gathering of people using selfie-sticks." (The bold emphasis was in the Angels' announcement, not added here.)

Edited by yk9001

it's marketing, it's done irregardless of what the FO has or hasn't done. it's just that marketing leaves a sour taste when you know you're getting a substandard product. people just feel this intuitively.

what is unfortunate is that, in my mind, this has a very familiar feeling to it. something like the angels have a lot more in common with the small market teams, than the big market teams. as a fan, i'm not really into baby dick baseball. 

edit: what i'm saying is, i have never attended a game because of a giveaway. i go because i want to see my team on it's path to what i think is the playoffs and a world series championship. if they don't create the feeling that they're fully invested in that goal, then i'm not fully invested in that goal. if i think their main concern is maximizing attendance and not maximizing winning, then i'm resentful and have zero interest in following, much less attending.

Edited by ukyah

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-sn-angels-to-try-for-world-record-for-selfie-sticks-20160209-story.html

On May 6, the Angels said they would try "to set the Guinness World Record® for the largest gathering of people using selfie-sticks." (The bold emphasis was in the Angels' announcement,