• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Teams kicking tires on CJ Wilson

KevinJ14

it's been said before, but c.j. wilson has not been the problem with this team. at times, he's performed above expectation and other times below. that's been his career in a microcosm. he had this exact same surgery before and responded really well to it. i can't see how trading him makes any sense. just like i said last year, this teams depth at SP is a mirage and it will not hold up over the entirety of the season. they're good guys and they pitch to the best of their current abilities, sometimes over, but they need a #1 and a legit bullpen to make the organism healthy.

Sad thing is Nibs has been probably a little better than Average for us since he's been here overall. But, we only remember the 4 2/3 inning starts while throwing 117 pitches 6 k's 8 walks!.... 

I guess there is some comfort knowing he's going to be either real good or real crap~ You just have to flip a coin each start to figure what you'll get.

Edited by SlappyUtilityGuy

it's been said before, but c.j. wilson has not been the problem with this team. at times, he's performed above expectation and other times below. that's been his career in a microcosm. he had this exact same surgery before and responded really well to it. i can't see how trading him makes any sense. just like i said last year, this teams depth at SP is a mirage and it will not hold up over the entirety of the season. they're good guys and they pitch to the best of their current abilities, sometimes over, but they need a #1 and a legit bullpen to make the organism healthy.

Trading Wilson ONLY makes sense because of money. If you forget that part, you'd see he's probably set to have a very good season because he's a good pitcher and is fully healthy and rested.180 innings and a 3.50 ERA with a good k/9 should be about it. He's probably going to be our 3rd or 4th best starter.

We can afford to trade him, but I wouldn't unless someone is actually taking him for 8 million and we're getting a good prospect of player in return. But since teams likely aren't offering that, I'd actually be more inclined to trade Santiago, who I expect so the as good as CJa next year but likely carries a higher trade value.