• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

CJ trade inquiries continue

ABC

Not sure what the point of trading him now is. I guess if we did we might be able to do something foolish like sign Fowler or give up a draft pick for Howie. CJ could be a valuable player on this roster in 2016, and with the question marks surrounding his health I'd think that allowing him to perform next year will maximize his value come trade deadline time.

Trading Wilson now is a sell low proposition since he is coming off surgery. Every team is going to want the Angels to take on a majority of his salary.

If the Angels move him at the August 1st trade deadline, that will mean the Angels are out of playoff contention. If they are in contention, and he is performing well, there is no reason to trade him.

Trading Wilson during Spring Training after teams can see him throw is the only trade window that seems to make sense.

Trading Wilson now is a sell low proposition since he is coming off surgery. Every team is going to want the Angels to take on a majority of his salary.

In this scenario, the Angels take on all of the risk and reap none of the potential benefit. No reason to make the deal, IMO. If we're going to be on the hook for his salary one way or the other, might as well let him contribute whatever he can.

If we trade him are we going to use the money we save to sign Fowler? As much as Fowler was close to the bottom of my list of desired options, it's still way better than the status quo so I would totally do it. But if we're just doing it for what we may or may not get in return, I don't really see the point.

If we trade him are we going to use the money we save to sign Fowler? As much as Fowler was close to the bottom of my list of desired options, it's still way better than the status quo so I would totally do it. But if we're just doing it for what we may or may not get in return, I don't really see the point.

At this point I'd love to have Fowler.

Considering the Angels got a .280 OBP from their leadoff hitters and .275 OBP and 50 runs scored from their LF's last season, Fowler's switch hitting, speed and career OBP of .363 looks awfully enticing on a 1 year deal if he'd take it, Plus, he would be one of the premiere free agents going into next off-season.

Yup, count me in the Fowler party as well. Consider this...

1. His offensive numbers rival Jason Heyward. For those fans that thought he was a perfect fit, Fowler is equally as perfect given that he's still young and will cost a quarter of the price.

2. Fowler's WAR is skewed from some poor defensive play in CF despite solid range out there. I believe Fowler would actually profile quite well as a LF. Furthermore, if we're still comparing him to Heyward, the Cubs are moving him to CF where his defensiveupside will be limited to say the least. Fowler may e d up being more valuable than Heyward in 2016.

Fowler likely won't require more than a 3-4 year investment and would certainly put a lot of players in scoring position for Trout. It would also shift Calhoun into the#4 or 5 spot where he so clearly belongs.

So yeah, I'm all for Fowler.

Yup, count me in the Fowler party as well. Consider this...

1. His offensive numbers rival Jason Heyward. For those fans that thought he was a perfect fit, Fowler is equally as perfect given that he's still young and will cost a quarter of the price.

2. Fowler's WAR is skewed from some poor defensive play in CF despite solid range out there. I believe Fowler would actually profile quite well as a LF. Furthermore, if we're still comparing him to Heyward, the Cubs are moving him to CF where his defensiveupside will be limited to say the least. Fowler may e d up being more valuable than Heyward in 2016.

Fowler likely won't require more than a 3-4 year investment and would certainly put a lot of players in scoring position for Trout. It would also shift Calhoun into the#4 or 5 spot where he so clearly belongs.

So yeah, I'm all for Fowler.

I've been saying this all along.

I hope we can trade Wilson for a decent BP arm or prospect and then sign Fowler.