• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

NL to Possibly Get DH As Soon As '17

mulwin444

I consider myself a traditionalist, except I hate watching pitchers try to hit, and I kind like the Wild Card part of the playoffs. I think I like the WC because it makes more games meaningful the last couple of weeks of the season. Lastly, I would love for them to shorten the season, not necessarily cut games, but cut weeks off the schedule. If they do expand the roster then double header Sundays would be cool. Then all teams have Monday off.

Shorten the season to 145 games and allow 8 teams in each league to qualify for the post season. Best of 3 in the first round. Best of 5 in the second round. Best of 7 in the third round and then the World Series. More teams and more excitement for more fans. 3 division winners followed by 5 teams with the best records.

Shorten the season to 145 games and allow 8 teams in each league to qualify for the post season. Best of 3 in the first round. Best of 5 in the second round. Best of 7 in the third round and then the World Series. More teams and more excitement for more fans. 3 division winners followed by 5 teams with the best records.

Make it six teams and I would agree. I don't think more than 50% of the teams in the league should make the playoffs.

interleague play didn't kill baseball...using the DH in both leagues is a byproduct of that. Stupid watching the hitter kill a rally. Oh...the strategy...blah blah blah...how many of you watch NL games and think...awesome, the pitcher is hitting this inning. Plus, it will piss of Grienke.

The reason why the union likes it is not the additional player, but rather the additional high priced veteran (DH), vs. the 6 OF/corner infield bench player

interleague play didn't kill baseball...using the DH in both leagues is a byproduct of that. Stupid watching the hitter kill a rally. Oh...the strategy...blah blah blah...how many of you watch NL games and think...awesome, the pitcher is hitting this inning. Plus, it will piss of Grienke.

The reason why the union likes it is not the additional player, but rather the additional high priced veteran (DH), vs. the 6 OF/corner infield bench player

Bingo. Nailed it!

Yes !  It will also speed up the game in the NL, Interleague play & the World Series.

Things like pitchers batting(less runs), umpires calling the strikes, pitchers playing around with the ball between pitches are slowing the game down & need to be adjusted.

Put in something where there is a set time between pitches & if a pitcher goes over the time limit they automaticly call it a ball to make pitchers think twice about taking too long between pitches.

It will help some players, but at the expense of others. It's hard for me to think that NL teams have a wad of cash just waiting around to spend on a DH when it gets implemented.

I would think that most NL teams have players now that could easily DH. 4th outfielders or 1B/OF types.

I would think that most NL teams have players now that could easily DH. 4th outfielders or 1B/OF types.

That's what will happen. I lot more AB's to the 4th outfielder and the utl infielder.

The real loss with adding the DH is the loss of the value of having a good bench. NL teams generally are allotting the value AL teams put into their DH into quality bench players, because most of them end up playing every day in at least part of the game. The DH allows for more spots to be given to bullpen arms as well.