• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

So Cespedes is still out there

Jimnesie

Think the White Sox will probably cave and sign Yoenis, maybe 5-6 for 110-120 before he reaches a level where the Angels would jump in, say 4-5 and 90-110.

With the WS champs in their division, the Tigers making moves, and the Twins possibly contending, Sox are gonna be pressured to keep pace. They're saying they won't go past 3, but it may be an attempt to get Yoenis down from the 5-7 years he's seeking.

Alden Gonzalez ‏@Alden_Gonzalez 32m32 minutes ago

Asked Angels GM Billy Eppler if he anticipates some major moves before Spring Training. Here's what he said ...

CZNeSLAWwAIhZt0.jpg

Eppler is new to the job but I'll say this, dude already knows how to say a lot without saying anything

I put that into google translate and it gave me:

"MOM!  THE MEATLOAF!!  ****!!"  

Think the White Sox will probably cave and sign Yoenis, maybe 5-6 for 110-120 before he reaches a level where the Angels would jump in, say 4-5 and 90-110.

With the WS champs in their division, the Tigers making moves, and the Twins possibly contending, Sox are gonna be pressured to keep pace. They're saying they won't go past 3, but it may be an attempt to get Yoenis down from the 5-7 years he's seeking.

gonna be the Nats. 

Maybe we can get Michael Taylor for Santiago.  frrt.  whatevs.  

Well as much as I hate what he's doing, not throwing bad money at free agents, is at least a sign he's thinking about the future. He could have said, "F' it" and given Price or Greinke those ridiculous contracts that you would have bitched about in three years.

As Pres. Reagan would have said, "Now there you go again."

I have never espoused the type of contracts that Price and Grienke got.

Pitching is better developed instead of grossly overpaying for.

I just don't get not budging over the luxury tax even for sensible deals.

As Pres. Reagan would have said, "Now there you go again."

I have never espoused the type of contracts that Price and Grienke got.

Pitching is better developed instead of grossly overpaying for.

I just don't get not budging over the luxury tax even for sensible deals.

I don't either. Who knows, maybe the price for Fowler comes way down, or the Nats sign Cespedes and flips Revere to us.

I haven't heard anything that says Cespedes is a problem in the clubhouse. I couldn't tell you exactly what all of their though process' were but I bet they thought they were trading from a point of strength/replace-ability. Oakland traded him away in hopes that he would end their epic slide in 2014 and then Detroit traded him away when they were out of it. The Metropolitans I think are/were upset about the misplay in the World Series coupled with the fact that he didn't hit a lick either. So the real question is why did Boston get rid of him? They probably saw themselves as not competing in 2015, so they got what they wanted more specifically.....I guess. 

Edited by DailyHalo

We have nothing to make that trade, nothing.

Even if we did why the hades would we want a 36 yr old right handed of coming off a season where his WAR dropped by over 5 and put up this dogshit line 221/302/384/686 with a whopping 12 HR?  Id rather ride out Wilson than make that deal. 

Do we really want another bounce back candidate?  How likely is he to bounce back at 36-37?

I love this deal for the Nats if it happens at about 5/100, love it.