• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

So Cespedes is still out there

Jimnesie

I haven't heard anything that says Cespedes is a problem in the clubhouse. I couldn't tell you exactly what all of their though process' were but I bet they thought they were trading from a point of strength/replace-ability. Oakland traded him away in hopes that he would end their epic slide in 2014 and then Detroit traded him away when they were out of it. The Metropolitans I think are/were upset about the misplay in the World Series coupled with the fact that he didn't hit a lick either. So the real question is why did Boston get rid of him? They probably saw themselves as not competing in 2015, so they got what they wanted more specifically.....I guess. 

Oakland was leading the West by 2-1/2 games at the time they traded Cespedes and just completed a 15-10 July with a 66-41 record. Their tailspin took place after the trade. They went 22-33 to finish the season.

Edited by notti

That's probably true, I should have done some research. I suppose either way, Beane made the wrong decision and Cespedes came off as the wiping boy. Jokingly, I think neither one of our blunders were his fault though. All I'm saying is we need to stop wasting time and sign him if that was our the plan from day one. If he doesn't sign here by Today or Friday, I'd have to say were definitely out and shopping at the billionaire dollar tree. 

Edited by DailyHalo

Whats our lineup going to look like next year? Im afraid to even type out a projection.

we'll see Jake Arrieta on opening day at Wrigley.  I could see us with Cron at 1b, Gentry in LF and Nava at DH depending on what Choi does this spring.  

My guess is something like this:

Escobar

Nava

Trout

Calhoun

Perez

Simmons

Giavotella

Richards

or

Escobar

Trout

Calhoun

Nava

Perez

Simmons

Giavotella

Richards

Has a team ever been no hit on opening day?  just curious.  

actually, I forgot about no DH so I fixed it

Edited by Dochalo

Assuming Cespedes goes to Nats, what about a Wilson for Werth trade?  Money is about the same, Nats will need to clear a space for Cespedes, both guys in last year of deals.

I think Werth is owed 40 million over 2 years....Wilson is owed 20 over 1 year....Plus, CJ might actually be worth (pun intended) something if he shows he's healthy....little to no chance of that with Werth....he pretty much is what he is....a bad signing from the beginning....CJ at least has been reasonably productive at times...

Edited by DMVol

I've said it before, I'll say it again. Werth has a full no trade clause, so its not even an option. They'd probably make either Revere or Taylor available, most likely Revere.

Why would you trade for Revere and then immeditely turn around and trade him somewhere else?

Trade them Wilson for Michael Taylor. Their 5th starter is not that great in Tanner Roark. Their 4th starter is really young and inexperienced. 

Anyhow, Taylor possesses really good defense, power/speed combo. 

The only negative is his plate discipline thus far in the big leagues.

Though his minor league slash line (OBP) isn't that bad. 

.263/.337/.429/.766

The lineup is not bad the way it is currently setup, but only against righties. If Gentry is Nava's platoon partner, you better hope one of Trout, Calhoun, Cron or Pujols can deliver some production.  

Escobar

Nava

Trout

Pujols

Calhoun

Simmons

Perez

Giavotella

Against lefties.

Escobar

Giavotella

Trout

Pujols

Calhoun

Simmons

Perez

Gentry

Wilson won't get moved, especially for a young cost controlled outfielder. Now, if Werth were to waive his no trade clause and we became a match, I could see Wilson getting moved to help offset salary. That being said, if Wilson is pitching well in Spring Training, keep him. It's not like we have a ton of pitching.

I prefer Simmons in the #2 spot IF it came down to Gia or Nava. Good situational hitter who doesn't strikeout or walk much w/some pop.

No way in hell do we bat him 2nd until he shows he can take a walk. I would literally prefer Nava batting 2nd, and that's saying a lot.

we're not getting Cespedes -- wonder where this stands with other clubs?

Cespedes must have some 'clubhouse' issues or something -- has been with about four different clubs in three years.

But he's been a leader on each of those teams -- never did understand the very un-Billy Beane like deal that sent Cespedes -- with another year left on his contract -- from the A's to Boston for renting Lester -- a gamble that certainly did not work out for the A's......the division leading A's playing great ball fell off sharply the day Cespedes left their line up showing his true value to the team.......Lester didn't help much and was, predictably, GONE.

Cespedes then did well with Boston, the Tigers and really led the Mets team all the way to world series last season once he got dealt there.

Cespedes is likely holding out for too much -- but if his price comes down -- some team will get a deal with him and he'll help lead that team to wins.

He's done it everywhere he's gone --- I still remember that great throw from LF to the plate that he made against the Angels when he was with the then Division leading A's........the drop off when Cespedes left the A's was significant.