• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Los Angeles Rams thread

Angel Oracle

Even if Palmer finished the game, it likely was not going to be much different.

Adrian Peterson, meet a Wade Phillips coached defense.

Rams defense is coming together, just like Phillps’ coached defenses seem to always do.

Gurley is still on pace for almost 1,500 rushing yards.   He’s already almost matched his entire 2016 output, in 7 games.

They’ve also taken the NFL lead in points scored and points differential, granted almost all the differential was courtesy of two blowouts of the Colts and Cards.   

They are half a game back of the NFC leading Eggles.   The game in Seattle later on could be, to use Jim Harrick’s malaprop, a real ball burner.

Defense has allowed just 39 pts. in the past 3.5 games. Just like elsewhere, it takes a few games to adjust to Wade Phillips’ schemes in the 3-4.   Well, that and Aaron Donald now being in a groove after the holdout

4 hours ago, Blarg said:

My wife said yesterday, maybe the Rams did need to move back to Los Angeles. Well, that and dump Fischer and completely rebuild the offense and defense. 

i wonder which one of those things was the easiest and the toughest to do?

15 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

Gurley is still on pace for almost 2,000 rushing yards.   He’s already almost matched his entire 2016 output, in 7 games.

it's great that he's already matched last season's total rushing yards. it's also pathetic that last season's rushing yards were so paltry. glad to see he's found whatever he was missing last year.

12 hours ago, Blarg said:

I think that was a front line that could block.

Especially letting Greg Robinson go, and bringing in perennial All-Pro OL Andrew Whitworth as a leader on the OL 

No bueno having a bye while being on a bit of a roll, but their next opponent (Giants) also has a bye this weekend.  

With over 9 minutes left the backup QB Mannion comes in for Goff. No injury, the Rams are just so in control of the game there is no reason for Goff to get banged up.

Although I didn't see him really get knocked down today. He has been so very good about slipping out of a collapsing pocket I don't think the Giants ever really tagged him. Gotta was 14-22 but I watched six balls simply dropped and for no reason. 

It's raining pretty good right now but the Rams running game is still chewing up yards. The Giants just can't deny them yardage at this point.

Yep, the Saints and Eggles are huge home games for the Rams.   Vikings, Seahawks, and Titans will be tough road opponents.  

Texans at home and Cards on the road will be decent opponents, although they hammered the Cards 33-0 in London and both teams have lost their starting QB to injury.

Niners at home should be easy enough at least, although the road game was an offensive battle.   That was before Wade Phillips got the defense to mesh recently. 

I'll VERY gladly take a 5-3 record for that, to be 11-5 and very likely in the post-season.