• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Upton to sign with Tigers for 6yr/$132.75 million

Glass house reaction. Miguel Cabrera has bought much more value to the Tigers than Pujols has to the Angels. He's won 2 MVP's and they've made the playoffs 4 out of the past 5 seasons.

Yes but in your world view he will be a piece of shit stealing money towards the middle of this next contract. Remember Miggy did all that on his last contract. His new contract starts this year.

Edited by Stradling

Ethier at least isn't under contract for a long duration. Can he hit AL pitching though?

And cover enough LF area?

Can Upton hit AL pitching?

We've run Cron, Trumbo and a bevy of carcasses out to LF recently. Ethier would look like Joe Rudi out there

Edited by Lou

Unfortunately yes it's too much money unless they take CJ Wilson and his contract in exchange.

Considering our LF situation, I disagree . A LH bat coming off a season where he had an ops+ of 136 (and only signed thru 2017) isn't worth $17.5 million?

I disagree

I don't think he was saying he wasn't worth that, just saying that it would need to be a straight up swap of contracts between the Angels and Dodgers for Ethier and CJ Wilson. Don't see it happening at all with the Dodgers recently going out and signing 2 pitchers(Kazmir and Maeda)

Only way this team adds a bat is by trading Wilson for a hitter and having the money swap match. That would allow them to fix a hole on offense while staying under the threshold

Edited by bloodbrother

I am pretty sure that the Angels are that 50 year old dude at the end of the college bar waiting for that annoying drunk chick to get left by her friends.  

You seem intimately familiar with that scenario Doc? :P