• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What are your true thoughts on Angel Stadium?

Mock RFK all you want. I went to two baseball games there. It was better than Angels stadium.

I lived in DC for 13 years. I too have seen Washington National's games at RFK. RFK is a crumbling relic. It hasn't seen use as an MLB stadium in nearly a decade, but, in 2005...

The bathrooms were non-existent. The concourses were significantly narrower than Angel's Stadium. The food service was a far cry from even Angel Stadium's limited offerings. The stadium seating was a multi-use football bowl. The stadium's infrastructure has not been maintained to Anaheim's level. The surrounding neighborhood does not provide adequate post-game safety even compared to the area surrounding Angel's Stadium.

RFK is wholly unsuited to hosting any modern sport. It is in no way an appropriate comparison to Angel's Stadium.

My last object lesson in this was the last time I went (or ever will go again) to Dodger Stadium. I had a hotel two miles from the ballpark, and it took me an hour to get from the hotel to my seat.

If that was the only negative experience you suffered, then it was not bad.  In other words, you didn't get shanked.  

Compared to new parks it's as bland as it goes.  Compared to the parks from it's era -- amazing really.    It's outlived it's era, and the park deserves props for that, but it's lacks any real identity itself and IMO is best described as "dull".   The stadium is clean, it's easy to get in and out of and serves its purpose well, but it's outclasses by all the newer parks and well -- that's to be expected.

The Angels would be lucky to get the same amount of mileage out of the next stadium.

I have no problem with Angel Stadium in fact if they built a new one I would hope they keep it as similar to the current one as possible with modern upgrades that have proven useful in newer stadiums around the country (concessions, bathrooms, wider concourses). But unless you're in the right field pavilion, I have never had a bad seat, and I love how you can cruise around the entire stadium on the (I believe it's the) concourse level.

I also like the rock pile (never understood the hate there), colors, hats in front, and renovations they did back in the 90's. Transportation in and out is terrific. I can be from the stadium to my front door via Gene Autry/5 fwy in 15 minutes, and vice-versa.

I have been to PetCo park and didn't find anything about it spectacular, it just had a fresher feel to it.

Are the cats still there? I won a contest at work years ago, we were told to write things associated with a ballpark, and the most unique one would win. I had to prove ( luckily an article in the Internet) about the cats. I guess with all the mice it's a good hunting ground.

I actually like Angel Stadium, I don't get to go often but it seems like home. For a while getting a good hot dog was hard, and overall their menu choices are weird. I really don't eat much there, so I guess it's not a big thing for me.

I used to be able to go in May and still be able to a magnetic calendar for my refrigerator. But the popularity now makes that impossible. ;)

Some of you sound a little like a crackpot I ran into last year in Oakland.  He rambled about the "character" of that stadium.  There is absolutely nothing good about that place.  At least Angel Stadium is much better than that dump.

The ability to walk around the concourse freely is a big deal to me, but you can do it in most stadiums now, and often have a better view while doing so than you do in Anaheim.  In some parks you can do so in the upper deck, too.  

Only places I have yet to see games are Tampa, Toronto, Minnesota, Seattle, Atlanta, Miami, and Arizona.

Seen games in old Yankee Stadium, Shea, and RFK, but not their newer counterparts.

Been to Angels Stadium four times and have always had a positive experience, even when wearing a Rangers cap.  Friendly people, comfortable seats, and amazing weather.  IMO that stadium has held up extremely well.

Of the newer parks Pittsburgh is my favorite.  Beautiful place.  Go there if you get the chance. 

It's pretty crappy but not crappy enough to stop my enjoyment of games. I think we're not far off needing a new stadium, I could really see Moreno making a strong push soon, but for me it's more core infrastructure than fan experience that shapes as the problem. A large chunk of the park is really old now and the longer you leave it the higher your risk of broken pipes, shit leaks and the like. When you add those issues to the fact a new stadium could do Moreno plenty of good revenue wise, I figure it's something we're going to see movement on in the not-too-distant future.

It's pretty crappy but not crappy enough to stop my enjoyment of games. I think we're not far off needing a new stadium, I could really see Moreno making a strong push soon, but for me it's more core infrastructure than fan experience that shapes as the problem. A large chunk of the park is really old now and the longer you leave it the higher your risk of broken pipes, shit leaks and the like. When you add those issues to the fact a new stadium could do Moreno plenty of good revenue wise, I figure it's something we're going to see movement on in the not-too-distant future.

I think a decision has to be made soon.  The opt out is 2019.  And to build a world class stadium will probably take 2-3 years. 

I think a decision has to be made soon.  The opt out is 2019.  And to build a world class stadium will probably take 2-3 years. 

An opt-out then, a re-negotiated shorter term lease (perhaps even year to year) and new stadium discussions at that point is a real possibility I think.

We should see some news soon.  Probably when Arte shows up for spring training. Can't wait for that. 

All I've seen is that the opt out is from 2016 to 2019.  I'm guessing that means they can opt out now.  The Angels must disclose their intention to opt out by October, 2018.  "If the team opted out of the current lease, it could likely stay in Anaheim through the 2019 season."   http://www.ocregiste...adium-team.html

Of the newer parks Pittsburgh is my favorite.  Beautiful place.  Go there if you get the chance.

I haven't seen a game at PNC but once during the offseason I walked by it and stuck my nose through the fence. It is a really nice ballpark. The location is amazing slso, right on the river across from the city skyline.

There will likely never be anything in L.A. to compare with that.

stadiums to me are like televisions.... you can have a 40" or 65" and at first you strongly acknowledge the difference, but minutes later you become a vegetable watching the program and it ends up being the same

except Dodger stadium, that feels like you are constantly watching TV in East Los

you know how you get used to things being the way they are because you haven't had any other experiences? that's kind of how i feel about the Big A. i've always liked our stadium, but i haven't been to a lot of others to compare.

it's really easy to get in and out of the ball park. that's a huge plus.

maybe a few tweaks here and there, but i'm content with what it is. i've even grown accustomed to the rockpile, though i wouldn't be sad if it was replaced with something else.

One of the stadiums I wished I could have seen a game in was Griffith Stadium in DC.

Neighborhood park with odd dimensions, including being a far distance to the RF fence.

NFL team also played there through 1960.  

my first game was at crosley field in cincinnati. it wasn't memorable ( i was 3).

the worst place ever to see a game was candlestick. you could get hepatitis just walking through the gates.

Los Angeles Rams move to Inglewood means the Los Angeles Angels of Carson is coming soon.

they've got plenty of space and the area is ready for a team. it makes a lot of sense (mostly because it's closer to me than anaheim).