• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Who Actually Prefers Hillary to Bernie? (and Facebook likes of presidential candidates)

WTF is with you people.  I have 102 friends on Facebook and I think that is too many.

i've taught around 7500 students and knew about 1500 people in college. i know a lot of people and have had good relationships with most of them.

i think i know 8 people outside of my educational relationships.

His tweet:   "You have families out there paying 6, 8, 10 percent on student debt but you can refinance your homes at 3 percent. What sense is that?"

What sense it is?  If you don't pay your home loan, the lending institution takes your house.  If you don't pay your student loan, the lending institution takes ... ummm ... well ... they can't take anything.  

So I guess there's more risk in a student loan.  Makes "sense" that the percentage rate would be higher. 

Bern is a dumbass.  (Or thinks all his minions are.)

Student loan collection practices include wage garnishment, bank levy, etc. You can walk away from a house but you can't with student loans. 

Student loan collection practices include wage garnishment, bank levy, etc. You can walk away from a house but you can't with student loans. 

So if I have no job and walk away from a home loan, the bank has my house.

If I have no job and stop paying my student loan, the bank has ... what?  The hope that I'll get a job someday that they can garnish my wages on? 

There is more risk in a loan with no collateral.  The interest rates will always be higher.

The biggest difference between a mortgage and student loan is that the federal government, i.e. taxpayers guarantee student loans and there's nothing  the government or taxpayers can get back and sell to recoup losses.  If someone defaults on a mortgage at least a house goes back to the lender.  

Anyways I came across either one of the democrat debates or a snippet of one and Bernie was talking.  I was glad to see the fear mongering coming out of Trump was basically being equaled by the other side as it just re-affirmed my belief that both sides are pretty much the same.  I'm sure Bernie is a smart guy but he sounded like the type of guy who yells at yk for getting a few lawn clippings on his driveway.   

Edit - Geoff beat me to it.

Edited by Catwhoshatinthehat

So if I have no job and walk away from a home loan, the bank has my house.

If I have no job and stop paying my student loan, the bank has ... what?  The hope that I'll get a job someday that they can garnish my wages on? 

There is more risk in a loan with no collateral.  The interest rates will always be higher.

You said, " If you don't pay your student loan, the lending institution takes ... ummm ... well ... they can't take anything. "

That is not correct.

You said, " If you don't pay your student loan, the lending institution takes ... ummm ... well ... they can't take anything. "

That is not correct.

I guess I should have spelled out the concept of loan collateral more clearly for you.  My apologies.