• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Who Actually Prefers Hillary to Bernie? (and Facebook likes of presidential candidates)

I'm honestly curious. Who is the demographic for Hillary over Bernie?

I'm not a huge Facebook guy, with 370 "friends". Of those 370 friends, 56 "liked" the US Senator Bernie Sanders page, and only 4 "liked" Hillary's page. Now maybe I'm atypical and don't know the standard Democrats, but to me this is somewhat telling. I can't think of a single person in my day-to-day life that prefers Hillary to Bernie. I'm sure someone I know does, but as far as conversations have gone, everyone prefers Bernie.

Actually, I'd be curious to see who wins your "Facebook likes" presidential vote. Here's mine:

56 Bernie

4 Hillary

4 Trump

1 Rand Paul

1 Ted Cruz

1 Mike Huckabee

The lone Huckabee vote is actually an Angelswin member, and I'm fairly certain the Cruz vote is a mistake. No other candidate has a single vote.

Edited by Angelsjunky

its probably because moderates tend to favor Hilary.  In my experience, moderate folks tend to prefer keeping their politics quieter.  Thus, they probably wont go out of their way to advertise political allegiance on facebook.  I know i'm that way, I would not consider myself an all in democrat (i voted for McCain in 08 and Bush in 04)  I sort of see myself as pretty moderate and center, though I do tend to lean left.  I would say that if I had to vote right now, given the candidates, I would probably vote for Hilary.  She seems the most moderate of any of the candidates on either side.  I'm not going out of my way to share that with everyone though.

Edited by UndertheHalo

Honestly I have never paid any attention to which candidates my facebook friends "like".

I have friends from all parts of the political spectrum.

I didn't either, but I was curious as most of the traffic (comments) are pro-Bernie so I did some investigation.

its probably because moderates tend to favor Hilary.  In my experience, moderate folks tend to prefer keeping their politics quieter.  Thus, they probably wont go out of their way to advertise political allegiance on facebook.  I know i'm that way, I would not consider myself an all in democrat (i voted for McCain in 08 and Bush in 04)  I sort of see myself as pretty moderate and center, though I do tend to lean left.  I would say that if I had to vote right now, given the candidates, I would probably vote for Hilary.  She seems the most moderate of any of the candidates on either side.  I'm not going out of my way to share that with everyone though.

OK, this makes sense - thanks. I guess I don't know a ton of moderates ;).

Most 20-30 year old college flame out types seems to love Bernie.  They are the only ones I see posting about him.

This doesn't jive with what I perceive, although I guess it depends upon what you mean by "college flame out types."

People who dropped out of college or spent three years in community college just to work at Starbucks or Ralphs.

Speaking of Bernie, I realized that his schtick really is just that, a schtick.  He tweeted something like "we have people paying 3x the interest on student loans than on a mortgage, that is unacceptable"

I refuse to believe that he is so stupid he doesn't understand collateral.

Why do you think he doesn't understand it? Maybe he just doesn't accept the huge burden that is put on students via debt, and the fact that the cost of college education has quintupled in the last thirty years in the US while, at the same time, the US has fallen behind other developed nations in terms of college education, affordability, etc.

I prefer Hilary to Bernie, the Donald, Cruz, Huckabee, and anyone else too far to one side.

My biggest issues with Hilary are: (1) she is a phony who will say/do anything for votes; (2) she is very pro-union, and therefore I question whether she would be good for the economy; and (3) she is old as f#*k.

But otherwise I think she is plenty smart and experienced enough to be a decent president.

His tweet:   "You have families out there paying 6, 8, 10 percent on student debt but you can refinance your homes at 3 percent. What sense is that?"

What sense it is?  If you don't pay your home loan, the lending institution takes your house.  If you don't pay your student loan, the lending institution takes ... ummm ... well ... they can't take anything.  

So I guess there's more risk in a student loan.  Makes "sense" that the percentage rate would be higher. 

Bern is a dumbass.  (Or thinks all his minions are.)

i have 1100 friends on FB and i have no idea about their political beliefs. occasionally i'll get a pro-hilary thing in my news feed but i've definitely seen more pro-bernie posts. far more republican/anti-obama posts, but i wouldn't want to try and put a percentage on any of it.

I had a few moments to kill so I decided to go AJ and see what my tallies are.  I have 217 friends on FB.

The winner for my friends is Ben Carson.  13 friends like his page.

In second place, I'm feeling the Bern.  10 friends.

Next is Trump, with 6 friends.

Hillary is in fourth with 3 friends.

Cruz and Fiorina are tied for last with 1 friend each.  

In case you were curious, I don't "like" any of the politician's pages.  My troll game has been weak lately.

Edited by Glen

Here is mine.  I tend to remove people who post about politics all the time.  For Bern, one is a close family member, one is AW, and the other two are good friends.

Carson - 3
Sanders - 4
Clinton - 1
Trump - 0
Cruz - 1
Fiorina - 1
Bush - 0
Rubio - 0
Huckabee - 1
Edited by nate

Man, you guys are busy on facebook.  I spend most of my interwebs time here.

74 friends

Carly-3

Bernie-1

Rubio-2

Carson-11

Those are the only ones I found.  Although, like nate, I tend to unfriend folks who post tons of political stuff.  Unfortunately my mom is one of those and I can't really unfriend her.