• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Kendrick and Aybar-Even with the contracts-does a trade get us a dominant starter?

I would be open to trading Kendrick and putting Callaspo there short term. We do have some pretty average 2nd basemen in the farm system that can't be any worse than Kendrick (when they make it to the bigs at least). I for one, really like Lindsey and Yarbrough. Hopefully they come along well. For Kendrick? I think we could net a pitcher like J.A. Happ, or if we packaged it right, we could probably make a run for Josh Johnson, assuming the Jays aren't in the playoff race.

Aybar was never my favorite player, but he has put up good numbers in back to back seasons after struggling in 2010. Considering he is on par defensively with Elvis Andrus, and as capable of a hitter if not better, I'd say keeping him is a good thing.

Andrus's contract is freaking ridiculous, as is Kinsler's. 

Kendrick may be able to bring you back a starter like Matt Garza, if he is swapped in a deal which also gives them solid prospects from our A/AA teams.

Callaspo honestly might get you as much in that same type of deal seeing as he can play 2nd, 3rd, and SS in a pinch, plus is a switch hitter (which people actually think he can do) and the prospects are really the key there anyway.

The Angels do have Taylor Lindsey in the minors as an eventual 2nd base replacement, but he's not ready yet. 

Aybar was never my favorite player, but he has put up good numbers in back to back seasons after struggling in 2010. Considering he is on par defensively with Elvis Andrus, and as capable of a hitter if not better, I'd say keeping him is a good thing.

Andrus's contract is freaking ridiculous, as is Kinsler's. 

Kendrick may be able to bring you back a starter like Matt Garza, if he is swapped in a deal which also gives them solid prospects from our A/AA teams.

Callaspo honestly might get you as much in that same type of deal seeing as he can play 2nd, 3rd, and SS in a pinch, plus is a switch hitter (which people actually think he can do) and the prospects are really the key there anyway.

The Angels do have Taylor Lindsey in the minors as an eventual 2nd base replacement, but he's not ready yet. 

Aybar is not on "par" with Andrus defensively. Kinsler is getting paid pretty much what a Top 3 2nd basemen gets paid in this market...

Aybar is a better overall player than Andrus. I'd say Andrus may be slightly better at fielding his position, but that's as far as it goes.

In 2 less years in the Major Leagues Elvis Andrus has totaled 13.2 fWAR whle Aybar has accumulated 13.4 fWAR. Andrus is 5 years younger. Please tell me how Aybar is a better player cause the stats dont support this homeristic view...

• 1 month later...

Okay, assuming that this is finally the Kendrick that we've waited for since his 2nd half of 2009 breakout, we still can't trade both Kendrick and Aybar because we don't have Segura anymore. 

If we had Segura, to go with a blossoming Lindsey in AA, then we could entertain thoughts of trading both Kendrick and Aybar. 

Now, we can only trade Kendrick, and only once Lindsey is truly ready. 

I would absolutely, positivitely not trade Kendrick at all till at the earliest 2014 season.  No way no how.

Because if we trade Kendrick this season, you know that some owner will get the bright idea of signing a Yankee secondbaseman, since this team has some sort of boner for Yankees, to lot's and lot's of money.  Again, forcing us to ignore what really needs to be addressed, because our already limited 2014 budget will be non-existant.  

I would absolutely, positivitely not trade Kendrick at all till at the earliest 2014 season.  No way no how.

Because if we trade Kendrick this season, you know that some owner will get the bright idea of signing a Yankee secondbaseman, since this team has some sort of boner for Yankees, to lot's and lot's of money.  Again, forcing us to ignore what really needs to be addressed, because our already limited 2014 budget will be non-existant.  

which former yankees are you referring to?

What Yankees does the Angels have a boner for?

More like they have a boner for ex Rangers.

GMJr, CJ and Shitilton comes to mind.

Maybe we need to finally realize (in the cases of GMJHGH and Hackilton) that acquiring position players from Tejas should come with a caveat, since that is such a hitters' environment, and Angel Stadium isn't? 

As far as Nibs Nibbler is concerned, I wish I knew why he looks like a Cy Young top 10 candidate in most of his innings, but in one inning per start he suddenly looks like Blanton.

Memo to Arte and JeDi:  Cano will be starting his decline not too far down the road (30 in 2013).

Just take that into consideration before wasting another $200 million.   mmmkay?