• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Kendrick and Aybar-Even with the contracts-does a trade get us a dominant starter?

Would we really take that bad of a step back offensively and defensively letting the kids play, and trading this combo plus throw in Vargus to a team in need? Their contracts are manageable, and if we could get a legit starter in return I would just let Jimenez play 2nd, and Harris/Romine battle it out for shortstop. I have no idea what good starters are out there. Just a thought. 

... Aybar is so much better than our other options I have no idea why you would trade him.

Kendrick is expendable if Lucho can continue to hit but I doubt the team would seriously consider trading him and I definitely don't think you could get a quality starter for him.  Teams want pitching in trades for pitchers and our farm system is barren.

I would be ok with trading Howie but not Aybar.

Like nate said theres such a drop off from Aybar to what we have at short that its not worth it. Lucho has been awesome defensively and i have no problems with him taking over third full time and moving AC to second.

I would trade Callaspo before I would trade Kendrick, and I wouldn't trade either one at this point. Jimenez has a whole 31 ABs.

There's a reason Callaspo was moved to 3rd, he was pretty rough at 2nd.

I would trade Callaspo before I would trade Kendrick, and I wouldn't trade either one at this point.

We need pitchers. We have no prospects coming up and there aren't any good pitchers coming out in free agency anymore. Drafting pitchers will take 2-3 years before we even sniff him in the pros.

We don't need Kendrick that bad. We need pitching bad though.

But the team doesn't have a viable replacement for Kendrick either. 

Romine and Harris aren't good, and we're talking about trading a pretty decent player to make way for a mediocre at best prospect based on 31 major league ABs. And moving another player back to a position he was moved off of because his defense was lacking to boot.

I don't think that whatever you would get for Kendrick actually makes the team better when you consider the dropoff from Kendrick to his replacement.

I'm tired of Kendrick's "potential", not to mention his defensive decline from 2011. 

Time to trade him however can be done, once Callaspo is re-activated.

Hes been in the league 6 full seasons and part of a 7th. Going on his 8th year now... I'm pretty sure that "potential" is long gone.

But the team doesn't have a viable replacement for Kendrick either. 

Romine and Harris aren't good, and we're talking about trading a pretty decent player to make way for a mediocre at best prospect based on 31 major league ABs. And moving another player back to a position he was moved off of because his defense was lacking to boot.

I don't think that whatever you would get for Kendrick actually makes the team better when you consider the dropoff from Kendrick to his replacement.

Cowart is coming up in a couple of years anyway. If we don't make the playoffs this year, trading Kendrick is pretty much a given.

I would trade Callaspo before I would trade Kendrick, and I wouldn't trade either one at this point. Jimenez has a whole 31 ABs.

I would trade Callaspo first as well but i dont think Callaspo's return would be as good as Howie's. And Jimenez 31 AB's is such a small sample size and he seems to struggle with anything that isnt a fastball. Itll be interesting to see if he can adjust because this is obviously going to spread around the league quickly. But pitching is such a need for us that id be willing to part with Kendrick and take my chances with AC and Lucho.

No offense DropofAnaheim but you have no clue what you are talking about. Trade our future third baseman and move Jimenez to second? WTF are you talking about.

Future 3rd baseman. We have been waiting for the coming of our future 3rd baseman for 9 years. Cowart shows less promise then Wood (a shortstop at one time I know), and Mcpherson did (he is the same age as Pujols and is still a prospect). Sell high. They are prospects for a reason. Trading Kotchman started the ball rolling, that eventually landed us Trout (6 degrees...lol).