• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angelsjunky's Quick Takes on the Republican Candidates

From what I have seen you post on aw (which, of course, is a very very small part of who you are) most of the way you inflate yourself is how you view many of the folks you disagree with.  Now, maybe when you insult "conservative Christians" or other groups you don't see eye to with you are joking, but it doesn't come off that way.

Now to the other side of this, pretty much everyone who posts on the spin forum is a dick.

except for Lou of course, he's an a-hole.

Well I appreciate your honesty, mt. I'm not sure when the last time I made fun of "conservative Christians" was, but that obviously stuck with you. More recently I've bagged on the Republican candidates and Libertarians. I guess its the crowd. But what exactly bugs you about the way I view the folks I disagree with? What is inflating, in your view?

As for whether I'm serious or not when insulting CCs, it depends upon the context. I do have an issue with fundamentalists of all kinds - but not just Christians, but SJWs, fundie atheists, etc - but I don't care that they think the way they think, but that (or when) they think others should think the same way, or at least live the same way. I don't have a problem with religion itself, including Christianity. Some of my friends are Christians. LOL.

How is that "Inflating" myself or wanting to believe something? I said nothing about being a genius, leader or tycoon.

Well, keep working at it.  I did and now I'm a musical genius, thought leader and business tycoon.  

You'll get there.  You just have to want it bad enough.

My analysis won't be nearly as in depth as those by the OP, but my take on the Republican field:

Donald Trump - Appeals to people who are attracted by ideas, without giving any thought to the cost or practicality of actually carrying them out.

Chris Christie - I really liked this guy in the beginning, and I could have seen myself voting for him for president. However, he has been swallowing too much of his party's rhetoric lately, and he has become almost a parody of himself.

Jeb Bush - I haven't voted for a Bush yet in a presidential election, and there is nothing that Jeb has shown me that threatens to break the streak. His statement about Donald Trump working with Hillary Clinton - when the two are poles apart politically - smacks of sheer desperation.

Rick Santorum/Mike Huckabee - I am putting them together because they seem to be essentially the same candidate. The Constitution guarantees separation of church and state. These two would like for them to be one and the same. After all, this works really well in Iran.

Ben Carson - For such an intelligent man, he has some really psychotic ideas. Some are fairly harmless (like saying that the Egyptian pyramids were built to store grain), while others would be really frightening coming from the commander in chief.

Carly Fiorina - I have no idea what makes this woman believe that she is qualified to run the country. She parrots the party line, but she doesn't seem to have anything else to offer.

Marco Rubio - Doesn't have the chops to cut it over the long haul, but is so eaten up with ambition that he couldn't resist a race with no incumbent president waiting in November 2016.

Ted Cruz - Possibly the biggest hypocrite in the race. A major proponent of the "birther" argument against President Obama, but his own birth in Canada is apparently insignificant in comparison. Not smart enough to call the shots himself. If elected, people high within the GOP would be directing his actions.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

I think the spin forum has always been or is becoming the male version of "The View".

And it's ****ing awesome.

I heard a comedian once say that sports is the male's version of the View, etc. He's right. And the main forum is akin to the forum women go to to discuss and argue the View's topics.

I very rarely post in this forum anymore because I don't give a shit anymore.  

Seriously, everyone knows I'm an old hippie chick. I am not going to change anyone's mind and nobody is going to change mine (especially at my age).

But seriously AJ, you need to come out to one of the fanfests.  If this can happen, anything is possible:

11830188_10207934746072773_1077652509_n.

I very rarely post in this forum anymore because I don't give a shit anymore.  

Seriously, everyone knows I'm an old hippie chick. I am not going to change anyone's mind and nobody is going to change mine (especially at my age).

But seriously AJ, you need to come out to one of the fanfests.  If this can happen, anything is possible:

11830188_10207934746072773_1077652509_n.

That is all parties represented in one photo.

I miss LTH.

Brian... meh?

:D