• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

LAT, OCR: Pic N Save Arte Speaks from his Boat

ABC

“If we had a player that we felt was the right guy, we would probably go through it,” Moreno said. “Right now, economically, it doesn’t fit. … You really have to look at 2017 and 2018 and beyond.

So much for investing or caring about this team for 2016. At least he's being honest about it and not trying to sugarcoat things and sell us on 2016 being a contending year. Thanks for that, I guess

In 2017 and 2018 and beyond, we still have a gigantic gaping hole in LF. You know what could solve that?

BTW. There are reports that the Rams are probably going to stay in St Louis. A lot of money is being added to the kitty for the stadium there.

Kroenke sells the Rams, buys the Angels, and moves them to Inglewood. Just a scenario to add to the Moreno going to cash out possibilites.

Or arte is going to buy that land.

What is kroenke going to need it for?

This is the sentence that jumps out to me:

“When you start looking at seven-year deals, they’re tough. You really stretch the franchise out. If there’s a mistake or injury and it doesn’t work out, it really hinders what you’re trying to accomplish.”

Part of me still thinks that if these guys reduce their demands to 4 or 5 years, Arte might suddenly become a player.  I can see Upton and Cespedes trying to piggyback off of Heyward's 8 year deal, partly because they think they have just as good a skill set as Heyward, but they don't really.  And the whole deal with Davis is rediculous, I think he had a terrific deal in hand with Baltimore, maybe he will get lucky and someone will way overpay, but I have some serious doubts about that.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/angels/la-sp-angels-moreno-shaikin-20151217-story.html

The Dodgers drew a financial line in the sand, and the pitcher who put up the best earned-run average of the last 20 years is gone.

Greinke also put up a .343 slugging percentage. The Angels' left fielders put up a .317 slugging percentage, the worst of any major league team at that position.

The current asking prices for Cespedes, Gordon and Upton include contracts from five to seven years, Moreno said.

The winter is not over in Anaheim, but the winter appears cold and bitter. The Angels will pay $24 million to a left fielder next season — Hamilton, whom they will subsidize as he plays the position for the Texas Rangers.

The two guys the Angels would platoon there if the season started today? Nava and Gentry — two more guys outslugged by Greinke last season.

1097_464.jpg

By JEFF MILLER / STAFF COLUMNIST

Owner Arte Moreno, just before serving as grand marshal for a Christmas boat parade in Newport Beach, used the festive occasion to give the team’s fans a steaming lump of coal.

“At the end of the day, it really gets down to economics,” explained Moreno, who, economically speaking, still owes Josh Hamilton more than $40 million.

But signing Hamilton was his mistake, and now he’s asking the Angels fans to pay for it? Good luck with that stance.

I can understand why they’d be feeling less than jolly today, less than understanding of Moreno’s reluctance to surpass a luxury tax threshold that, literally, is his problem, not theirs. He’s the one who created this mess.

Who knows? Maybe the fans will show their disgust in a meaningful way this time and refuse to buy another three million tickets next season.

http://www.ocregiste...no-dodgers.html

Edited by CF8

We really like Greinke and Price … Any of those [outfielders], you’d like to have … but it’s the economics.”

don't say that, if you're going to keep saying this,

If we had a player that we felt was the right guy, we would probably go through it,

all of those outfielders are the right guy to varying degrees. don't say you'd go over for the right guy, then tell the right guy to take a hike 4 different times.

1097_464.jpg

By JEFF MILLER / STAFF COLUMNIST

Owner Arte Moreno, just before serving as grand marshal for a Christmas boat parade in Newport Beach, used the festive occasion to give the team’s fans a steaming lump of coal.

“At the end of the day, it really gets down to economics,” explained Moreno, who, economically speaking, still owes Josh Hamilton more than $40 million.

But signing Hamilton was his mistake, and now he’s asking the Angels fans to pay for it? Good luck with that stance.

I can understand why they’d be feeling less than jolly today, less than understanding of Moreno’s reluctance to surpass a luxury tax threshold that, literally, is his problem, not theirs. He’s the one who created this mess.

Who knows? Maybe the fans will show their disgust in a meaningful way this time and refuse to buy another three million tickets next season.

http://www.ocregiste...no-dodgers.html

grinch-2-small.jpg

My posts take a few seconds. You're writing long narratives. Finding and posting a pic is simple.

I don't have the will to write paragraph after paragraph here because AW is an outlet for me. I give massive effort to my work and then give my concentration a break. Few people even read a post beyond two or three lines. But pictures...

Poor Angelswin fans didn't get their Arteclaus gifts this year.

The Arteclaus gifts the past few years have been so expensive, and so expertly wrapped.  They looked perfect when delivered in December.

Turns out there have been pretty much turds in the box once the beautiful wrapping is taken off.