• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2016 Left Field

Stradling

Who will be our starting left fielder in 2016? Heyward is no longer available but there are still three very good options and a handful of other upgrades out there. So who do you see being the everyday starter in LF? I'll stick with my original pick and say we sign Upton.

Hmmm.......I think that Upton will be playing Left Out for us this season. I think we will be platooning on the cheap (if you're not counting the $28M for Hamilton) this season. Next season will be different IMHO.

Arte likes to give his new GM's at least one big signing.

Edited by Troll Daddy

Hmmm.......I think that Upton will be playing Left Out for us this season. I think we will be platooning on the cheap (if you're not counting the $28M for Hamilton) this season. Next season will be different IMHO.

Who do you think they will go after next season then?

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2015/03/2016-17-mlb-free-agents.html

You keep saying this and if this holds true then the team is going to be in even worse shape. This FA crop is one of the better ones in years while next year's crop flat out stinks. So, according to you, the Angels are gonna sit out on a deep FA class only to then spend big next season in a garbage market? Sounds like a tremendous plan

Alex Gordon is who I think they sign.  It gives them the left handed bat they want, less strikeouts compared to the others, more experience and a contract that will be less years than the other two.

I'd be happy with any of the big three.

All that said, my hope is that they sign Korean star Hyun Soo-Kim.  He is only 27 years old, a good defender, a good OBP guy, decent batting average and can drive in runs.  There will be no bidding fee for him and his contract will be very affordable compared to the Big 3 and even the less-tier guys like Fowler.  He won't cost a pick either.

Signing Kim would also mean the Angels could easily afford to make a move for 2B and the BP.