• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Favorite Movie of 2015?

Brandon

This year looks no different than any other year in my opinion. Hell, Trainwreck and Spy even got nominated for Best Picture in the Comedy section at the Golden Globes, more populist than normal. 

The Revenant, Room, Spotlight, and Mad Max: Fury Road are all either semi-popular or accessible films. Room and Spotlight I could easily see being favorites if more people saw them, despite rough or touchy subject matter for both.

Carol seems to be the only one that is more geared towards the art-house crowd.

Yeah, it looks to me like there are a lot of really good films out this year getting some recognition.  

I haven't seen many, but a lot on your list to watch are the same as mine.  Room was tough to read, and I didn't think in a million years it could ever be a movie, so I'm really curious about what it's going to look like as a film. Brooklyn is another one that looks like it will be pretty good. 

I still feel like Whiplash was good enough to win everything it was nominated for last year, and that was a movie that cost $3 mill to produce. 

The trailer for Brooklyn didn't look too up my alley, but enough people who have similar taste have given it good ratings or said good things about it that I'd be willing to give it a shot.

I also was a big fan of Whiplash. One of my favorites from last year. 

The studios get to submit their film to whichever category they'd like, I guess as long as there's slight justification for it.

So the studios likely felt The Martian has a better chance going against Spy and Trainwreck than against Room, The Revenant and Spotlight in that category. Studios don't care which they win as long as they can claim "Best Motion Picture Winner" on their cover/poster.

Judd Apatow came out publicly speaking out against studios doing that.

I've seen it and enjoyed it but it was more like half a great movie to me. The segments with Paul Dano as young Brian Wilson to me were amazing to me, but found the John Cusack segments, while interesting to see what his life has become just not as effective. Would recommend people check it out for sure though.