• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Plan B, Justin Upton, Escobar, etc.

I think we need to get Trout away from Pujols. Pujols basically just wastes Trouts great ability to get on base. We're ****ed anyway being loaded with all right handed bats. For me its,

Escobar

Trout (get him more AB's)

Upton

Pujols

Calhoun

Cowart/Kubitza

Perez

Simmons

I like Trout batting second ...

Escobar

Trout

Gordon

Kendrick

Pujols

Calhoun

Simmons

Perez

What are we, 8 or 9 million under the luxury tax right now? It's possible they trade C.J. Wilson plus 12 million to Toronto for Ben Revere, which basically keeps the Blue Jays and Angels payroll the same, but puts Toronto in a position of pitching surplus. This gives them the option to move guys around as necessary. Not too many teams in baseball have that. It gives the Angels the leadoff hitting LF they need.

From there, they can use the last 8-9 million to largely go toward rebuilding the bullpen or finding a 2B.

Revere's arm plus sometimes his routes = eww.

Escobar

Refsnyder

Trout

Upton

Pujols

Calhoun

Simmons

Perez

Unless Yanks plan to keep Refsnyder as a possible outfielder they don't really have a use for him. Refsnyder's approach at the plate seems to fall under what Eppler's looking for. The only issue with Refsnyder is that he's a righty and assuming we sign Upton or Cespedes that leaves us with only one lefty in the lineup

If its a choice between the unknown young lefty 3B bat with excellent defense, or the known, league average 2B bat with horrendous defense, I'd take the kids.

I liked Giavotella last year and hoped he or Green would get the nod over Rutledge for the 2B job because we needed to replace the offense that Kendrick left. I did not expect such awful defense, I hoped we'd get league average defense. I was wrong.

Cowart is an excellent defender with a rocket for an arm. Escobar is a better defender at 2nd, most rate him below league average at 3rd. He's mainly been a short but was expected to play 2B until Rendon went down in Washington last year.

Who is Cowart/Kubitza? Seriously, they're not that good and that's why we link them together. Yet, most here are willing to start the season with one of them at third but you don't know which one yet. Doesn't sound like a great plan ... does it?

Or, sign Freese and a lefty platoon bat and hope for the best.

I still think you all have too much hope expecting Upton or Gordon. I see a much less exciting outcome: sign Freese for 3B, use Escobar for 2B, and a trade of CJ Wilson - Andre Ethier for LF. All that leaves just enough money to sign one bullpen arm.

With the definite improvements to the bench (Pennington, Gentry, and Soto), its a better 25-man roster than 2015, but every other team in the AL West is getting better. This doesn't keep up with the rest of the division.